sail wanted [was] Boat Wanted [was] OB MOTOR

  • Dave_Benjamin
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2006
      I have a Bartlett that's in good shape that I'd sell for 140.
      I'm planning on building a new sail with a slightly shorter leech to
      create a bit more clearance between boom and noggin.
      I can accept Paypal or a credit card.

      > hate to put a tag on this email, but does anybody have a Holder 12
      sail they
      > would like
      > to sell.
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > mike
    • james burt
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 3, 2006
        not sure what a bartlett is, have any pictures you can send?
        highpointbuc@...

        thanks,

        mike

        Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@...> wrote:
        I have a Bartlett that's in good shape that I'd sell for 140.
        I'm planning on building a new sail with a slightly shorter leech to
        create a bit more clearance between boom and noggin.
        I can accept Paypal or a credit card.

        > hate to put a tag on this email, but does anybody have a Holder 12
        sail they
        > would like
        > to sell.
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > mike

        http://www.frappr.com/funseeker

        ---------------------------------

      • Dave_Benjamin
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 5, 2006
          Bartlett is a sailmaker in Texas. This sail was used by the previous
          owner of the boat for some races. The boat did fairly well from what
          the guy told me. You want a picture of the sail? It looks like a white
          triangle with battens. I'm in the sail business and I can't tell a
          thing by looking at a picture of sail unless it's something obvious.
          It's your basic Holder 12 sail. It had a tiny bit of damage on one of
          the batten pockets which I repaired using 3 small circular pieces of
          stickyback dacron on either side. It will come with battens and a
          sailbag. It's a good sail with a fair amount of life remaining. If
          noone buys it I'm just going to use it for another season. I'm mainly
          looking for an excuse to build a new sail but I need to get it sold
          quick so I have time to get a new one before the season really gets
          going in June. Used Holder 12 sails are hard to find because people
          usually wait a long time before replacing sails on inexpensive boats.
          Typically the used ones are toast. Mine is still in good shape and is
          a decent value.

          We just bought a Holder 20 for which we are already getting new sails
          built. That's why I want to get the existing sail sold before getting
          a new one. The wife is already looking at the checkbook with a very
          skeptical eye.

          --- In Holder12@yahoogroups.com, james burt <highpointbuc@...> wrote:

          > not sure what a bartlett is, have any pictures you can send?
          > highpointbuc@...
          >
          > thanks,
          >
          > mike
          >
          > Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@...> wrote:
          > I have a Bartlett that's in good shape that I'd sell for 140.
          > I'm planning on building a new sail with a slightly shorter leech to
          > create a bit more clearance between boom and noggin.
          > I can accept Paypal or a credit card.
          >

          > > hate to put a tag on this email, but does anybody have a Holder 12
          > sail they
          > > would like
          > > to sell.
          > >
          > > thanks,
          > >
          > > mike
          >

          > http://www.frappr.com/funseeker

          Service.

        • julielenox
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 18, 2006
            Hi Dave,

            I am curious if your Bartlett sail for a Holder 12 is still available for sale. I am looking for
            a relatively new sail for my recently purchased Holder 12. I don't know a lot about this
            particular sailboat - am I correct in assuming that if it fits one Holder 12 it will fit another?

            Thanks -
            Julie