Re: [Holder12] Palacios Sail

  • Pedro foronda
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      Nice narrative of a beautifull sailing day. I have
      been sailing my 12 with out the drain plug since I've
      got the boat. I thought that is the way it was until
      Wane posted the owners manual. And you are right, most
      of the water drains out at speed. Kind of Ventury
      effect, but not all of it.

      So, you mean to tell me that the boat with the sunfish
      sail sails better on the port tack than of the starbor
      tack?.

      I like the part about the dolphin also. I can't wait
      to take the boat on the lee side of this island during
      whale season November to March + or - it is cool.

      I don't know about the spray rail...in that little
      boat you are going to get wet no matter what.

      How did the race go? did you loose a dollar?

    • Shorty
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
        > Nice narrative of a beautifull sailing day. I have
        > been sailing my 12 with out the drain plug since I've
        > got the boat. I thought that is the way it was until
        > Wane posted the owners manual. And you are right, most
        > of the water drains out at speed. Kind of Ventury
        > effect, but not all of it.

        I know there is a special drain plug that works in a similar way that the
        sunfish drain does, only this plug is engineered for a transom mounted
        scupper hole like the H12 has.

        > So, you mean to tell me that the boat with the sunfish
        > sail sails better on the port tack than of the starbor
        > tack?.

        Amazing isn't it? Did I mention that the gooseneck is on the port side?

        Really wish I could run against another H12, be interesting to see if the
        low aspect but higher sail area of the sunfish rig could outrun the high
        aspect (and lower area) stock H12 sail.

        > I don't know about the spray rail...in that little
        > boat you are going to get wet no matter what.

        Just so much water kept landing on the deck and then rolling into the
        cockpit. I don't mind getting wet, just was one of those things I saw that
        could be a worthwhile tinker.

        > How did the race go? did you loose a dollar?

        That was a solo trip, our first race is set for Thursday, wish me luck!

        Shorty

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor