      From: clerkpierce <clerkpierce@...>
      To: Holder12@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:24 PM
      Subject: [Holder12] Is a Holder Hawk 9 big enough for father/son and is it a good boat for learning

      Found a good deal on a Holder Hawk 9. It looks great in the photos and sounds fun for moderately accomplished sailors, but I'm looking for a boat to use to teach my kids. Is it big enough for a medium sized guy (170lbs) and a small child (9 yr old)? Also, is it stable enough to be a good learning boat? Would I be better off starting them in a slower pram like the Opti?