2433RE: [Holder12] Re: Mainsail Question for Wayne C

  • Wayne C
    Sep 10, 2009
      Dave,

      Mast rings traditionally are tied into grommets set in the sail's luff. The
      tying is usually done using a thin braided cord wrapped multiple times
      between the grommet and the ring. Some modern Catboats and other such
      historic designs use this method. You might Google "Catboat" or "Sailing
      Dinghy" to see if there's details of the technique..., or a more modern
      method.

      > Also would a 2 inch Masthead with a Nylon Sheave from Dwyer
      > Aluminum Mast Company replace the top cap of the upper mast?

      I don't know..., why don't you measure your mast ID and talk with the folks
      at Dwyer.

      The fella with the website for doing this on a H12 seems to have taken down
      the site. Try looking through the links at Shorty Pen.com
      http://www.shortypen.com
      (look at the boat stuff down the page)

      Wayne

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic