2175Rudder Operation

  • Richard Lantz
    Nov 1, 2008
      The rudder of my new 83 Holder has holes in the lower portion of the
      cheek plate for a bungee. When I put as large a bungee in place as the
      holes will allow, I still have to reach over the transom and lift the
      rudder to lock it in the up position. Is this normal? Also the rudder
      is so easily swung aft and up that I can't imagine it staying down
      against the force of the water while I am sailing. The rudder kick-up
      resistance is minimal compared to that of my Hobie Cat, is this
      normal? Please advise.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic