      From: Holder12@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Holder12@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Todd Hudgel
      Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:25 AM
      To: Holder12@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Holder12] OB MOTOR ON HOLDER 12

      Yes I have used a a 1.2 and a 1.8 hp on my 12. The problem is that the
      transom on the H12 is very short, so the prop is very low in the water.
      Not for shallow water use. It also gets in the way of the main a bit. If
      you watch eBay closely they occasionally have a short-short shaft two
      stroke air-cooled outboard show up (shaft length or 8 to 10 inches). I
      just bought one, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. If you choose
      not to do that, you could make or have made a bracket that sticks up and
      out from the transom for the motor to hang on. It will solve both the
      shaft length issue and get it out of the way of the rigging. If you don't
      want holes in your boat you could have it made to hang over the transom
      and clamp on like the outboard itself.

      Todd Hudgel
      Lake Charles, LA