Re: [HIT Digest] Feed hunger or not?

  • Seth Breidbart
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
      "impy_mcferguson" <impy.mcferguson@...> wrote:

      > So, what the heck do you do when you're hungry?

      Many people (including me) have found hoodia to be effective.

      > My weight loss has really stalled. I lost like 10-12 pounds through
      > the Holidays, and then it dried up. I'm not getting as much sleep,
      > started a new schedule.

      Increase calories to maintenance for a week. Get more sleep.

      Seth
    • Miguel Angel Perez
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
        I too get stuck a lot losing bodyfat. What I'm doing
        right now is to, yes, make my meals very small,
        ridiculously small, and eat them every 2 hours. So I
        get up at six-thirty and have a protein shake, at nine
        two plain boiled eggs, at eleven another shake, at one
        in the afternoon 3 ounces fajitas (cooked in a Foreman
        grill) and a plain salad, at three another shake, at
        five more fajitas, and so forth. Comes out to four
        meals and five shakes, and if I wake up in the middle
        of the night, I'll have another shake. You eat so
        frequently, you don't really get hungry. But you do
        feel ridiculous eating only three ounces of meat.

        Miguel

        --- impy_mcferguson <impy.mcferguson@...> wrote:

        > Hey all,
        >
        > Trying to lose fat, not too fast and all that. About
        > 20-25 more pounds,
        > maybe a bit more.
        >
        > So, what the heck do you do when you're hungry? I'm
        > hungry all the damn
        > time! If I ate (even just a bit) whenever I was
        > hungry, I'd be eating
        > every 2 hours at least! Though I do find I am MOST
        > hungry in the AM. I
        > just eat from stress in the evenings, not good.
        >
        > My weight loss has really stalled. I lost like 10-12
        > pounds through the
        > Holidays, and then it dried up. I'm not getting as
        > much sleep, started
        > a new schedule. Maybe there is something to that
        > sleep/fat loss
        > business, because I am not eating much differently
        > than in the fall.
        > And all the dang bike riding I'm doing, it should be
        > burning off like
        > crazy!
        >
        > So, do I just live with the gnawing monster in my
        > gut, or do I feed him
        > a little something?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Impy

      • SafetyCar
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
          Without knowing to much I would suggest reducing carbohydrate and increasing your protein intake.A small piece of red meat is great for satisfying hunger.plenty of fruit and veg to keep healthy and aerobic exercise and it should come away.Stay off diet products as some of these whilst low in calories actually promote weight gain.they also get the liver busy disposing of all the stuff in the diet product instead of working on pumping the fat out of you.Clean up your liver and things should start happening but sometimes this can mean sticking to the same routine for some time before things actually start happening.Being hungry sometimes is actually good for you as your body will look for internal food and dispose of cells that are not needed or deformed, kind of like a free radical remover.these cells are easier metabolised than fat so your body will also be cleaned up before you start to metabolise fat.
          Not all proven facts but it makes sense to me.
          Tom

[...]

          To get this in a Digest form, please go to
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hitdigest
          and change your subscription settings.

          The HIT Digest is a feature of Cyberpump! http://www.cyberpump.com

          HIT Digest email addresses:
          Post message: Hitdigest@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: Hitdigest-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Shortcut URL to this page:

          Please review the Rules of the Digest at
          http://www.cyberpump.com/hitdigest/rules.html

          Got a question, check out the HIT FAQ first.
          http://www.cyberpump.com/hitfaq/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor