Re: [HIT Digest] Box Squats

  • James Barlow
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 5, 2003
      Check this article out for all your questions.

      http://www.t-mag.com/html/body_120squat.html

      > My concern is that in discussions with other,
      > someone pointed out
      > that there is a great deal of compression that
      > occurs when you have
      > a weight on your shoulders and your tail bone
      > comes in contact with
      > the box....and it made enough sense that I don't
      > do anything close
      > to heavy Box Squats.

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • sacredsystem
      Message 47 of 47 , Aug 29, 2005
        Hi

        Is anybody here doing Box Squats on a regular basis? Would really
        appreciate any type of feedback concerning Box Squats. I personally
        have never tried them due to the many negative comments I've read,
        especially the possible injuries that can occur to the spine. They
        look like a good way to squat since the more weight you add, the less
        likely you are to maintain the parallel or below parallel position.
        I've been doing rack squats off the pins for the past few weeks and
        really like them.

        Any comments would be appreciated.

        James aka Sacredsystem
        --

        Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

        Japanese proverb