Re: Historical Novel Society UK HNS Annual Conference

  • Richard Lee
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi Jay,

      Sorry - not actually a biographer - the author is Jennifer Kloester, and the
      book is 'Georgette Heyer's Regency World' (published by Random House and
      due for release 6 October).

      It has this blurb at Amazon - and after all our talk about blurbs, I make no
      comment for or against it!

      'A behind-the scenes look at the history, culture, society & politics of
      Georgette Heyer's regency world. A bestselling novelist since 1921,
      Georgette Heyer is known across the world for her historical romances set in
      Regency England. Millions of readers love the period for its fashion, famous
      people and events, and its elegant and often outrageous mayfly upper-class.
      It was Heyer who created the Regency genre of historical fiction in the
      1930s and 40s with books such as Regency Buck and Friday's Child. Since
      then, in many minds, Heyer and the Regency have become synonymous. Not a dry
      history book, but the ultimate, definitive guide to Heyer's world: her
      heroines, her villains & dashing heroes, the shops, clubs & towns they
      frequented, the parties & seasons they celebrated, how they ate, drank,
      dressed, socialized, voted, shopped and drove. An utterly delightful & fun
      read for any Heyer fan.'

      Best,
      Richard