Their grist is history ...

  • Sandra G-N
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      Here's a link to an interesting article in the Globe and Mail that I
      picked up from another list:

      http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040531/H
      ISTORICAL31//?query=whyte

      Amongst others it mentions Sarah Dunant's new historical novel,
      Bernard Cornwell, and a certain Sarah Johnson ...

      Sandra G-N
    • Sarah L. Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        Hi Sandra and everyone,

        Thanks for pointing out the Globe & Mail article. I enjoyed reading it
        myself. The reporter phoned me one afternoon and asked if he could ask
        some questions on historical fiction. He was very well informed about
        the genre, and we had a nice chat. I was hoping he'd put in a plug for
        HNS, too, and was pleased to see that he did.

        Best, Sarah J.
      • Teresa Basinski Eckford
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004

          > He was very well informed about
          > the genre, and we had a nice chat. I was hoping he'd put in a plug for
          > HNS, too, and was pleased to see that he did.

          Though less well informed about RWA (Romance Writers of America) - if that's
          what he meant by Romance Writers Association. I was less than thrilled with his
          sweeping generalizations about historical romance fiction. I found it rather
          ironic that he couldn't get the details right about RWA, yet indicated that
          there couldn't be a well researched work of HRF.

          But the rest of the article was interesting and the HNS plug definitely good :-)

          Teresa
        • Diane Parkinson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
            I couldn't get to the article through this link.

            Diane
            Here's a link to an interesting article in the Globe and Mail that I
            picked up from another list:

            http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040531/H
            ISTORICAL31//?query=whyte

            Amongst others it mentions Sarah Dunant's new historical novel,
            Bernard Cornwell, and a certain Sarah Johnson ...

            Sandra G-N

            If you're not already a member, why not JOIN the HNS? Email Richard for details (histnovel@...) or join by credit card online via our website at www.historicalnovelsociety.org

            Also, you might want to receive the HNS Newsletter (an edited magazine-style publication featuring news and reviews from the UK and US; it comes every two weeks, and it's free). Send a blank email to HNSNewsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Stephen Bowden
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
              The url breaks because it is so long - try this shorter one which goes
              to the same place.

              http://tinyurl.com/253lk

              cheers
              Stephen