finding a freelance editor

  • Barb Sedlock
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
      I was contacted by a retired ex-colleague asking whether I knew how he
      could find a freelance editor to help him with a book he's working on.
      I don't think it's historical fiction, but I thought maybe someone on
      the List might know where to point me.

      This person lives in the central Michigan, USA area, so the editor
      would probably have to be from that region of the country. I get the
      impression that the ex-colleague is not real well versed in computers,
      so editing from a distance is probably not an option.

      If you have any ideas, contact me directly, not to the whole list.
      Thanks
      BJ Sedlock
      bsedlock@...
    • Kathryn Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
        Well, you can point the author toward my website in case what I do suits
        him/her. I do developmental and instructional edits. A mix of clients at a
        distance and local to the Washington, DC area, working on a variety of
        genres. Most electronically but a few don't like sending files so I hand
        edit hard copy. (Texas surgeon who writes medical thrillers snail-mails me
        50 pages at a time.) This is where they'll find me: www.WriteByYou.com.
        (Hope I'm not breaking rules by including website URL, but . . . you asked.)

        Kathryn Johnson

        The Gentleman Poet: A Novel of

        Love, Danger, and Shakespeare's "The Tempest"

      • Kilian Metcalf
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
          I don't see a reply, so I'll give what info I have. The Editorial
          Freelancer's Assn www.the-efa.org has a member directory where your friend
          could look for someone. They also offer a job board where your friend could
          post an offer with details. If there is a chapter of the group in the area,
          that could be a resource as well.

          Happy hunting.

          Kilian Metcalf

          N 32° 13' 18"