Event at the Golden Hinde

  • Jenny Barden
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2012
      If anyone is able to get to London Bridge tomorrow (Fri 2 Nov) then I'd be delighted to welcome you aboard the full scale replica of Francis
      Drake's 'Golden Hinde' at either 4.00, 5.00 or 6.00pm. A team of actors will be bringing my debut 'Mistress of the Sea' to life, and I'll be giving a series of
      presentations with images and exhibits on Drake's first great adventure - his daring attack on the Spanish bullion supply in Panama - and
      following in Drake's footsteps to research the background to the book.
      Admission will be free, and there's a good chance of a complimentary
      tipple as well. The event is billed as family friendly - so why not
      bring along any children in tow if they're at all interested in pirates! The link to the event is here (from the Golden Hinde website):
      http://goldenhinde.com/#/special-events/4568958084
      and here's a printable map showing the venue:
      http://goo.gl/maps/KcxII
      Hope to see some of you there!
      Jenny x

      Jenny Bardenhttp://www.jennybarden.comĀ  follow me on twitter @jennywilldoit

    • phil_dkson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2012
        Hi Jenny,

        It was wonderful to meet you at the Golden Hinde yesterday. What an unusual book launch (with the actors) and the talk you gave was a fascinating glimpse of the buccaneering life in Sir Francis Drake's day! Your passion for the history of the day shines through.

        I look forward to reading your book and I wish you the best of luck.

        Philip Dickinson
        www.aztecelements.net