FW: HistoricalFiction advice

  • Sheldon Laing
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2003
      Hi all,
      I am a high school student and we have been given the task of reading
      three novels that are some how connected and then we have to write a six
      to eight thousand word essay on them analysing every aspect from
      character to style to setting. Where you come in is that I would love
      very much to do a theme of historical fiction (especially but not
      limited to the Middle Ages). I would like to do the name of the rose by
      Umberto Eco however I don't want to do any other historical mysteries
      (unless you have a particularly good suggestion). I was hoping that you
      could make a suggestion about as many other historical fiction books of
      "literary value" that you think I might enjoy based on the limited
      criteria I have given you. I would appreciate if you could give a very
      brief synopsis on the books as well.

      Thank you in advance for your help
      Sheldon Laing
      Cape Town