Re: Thomas Mallon

  • Lisa Verge Higgins
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      > Interesting observations about historical novels by Thomas Mallon (has
      anyone here read his work?)

      Thomas Mallon was a professor at Vassar while my husband and I attended in
      the 1980s. My husband took a class with him. I haven't read Mallon's work
      myself, but hubby is a fan of his fiction, especially his early work,
      SHOSHONE MIKE. I often see Mallon's name as a reviewer for the New York
      Times Book Review, and his articles (like the one you noted) are always
      lively, thoughtful, and well written.