Diana Norman / Ariana Franklin

  • Shirley Knowles
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
      On the Crime Thru Time group, there has been a discussion of the death of Ariana Franklin who I believe also wrote many historical novels as Diana Norman. Can anyone confirm this sad news? I have been unable to find anything on the internet.
      Thanks
      Shirley

    • Sharon K Penman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
        Yes, she did die; I believe it was on the 27th. I was offended to hear her described as "the novelist wife of Barry Norman," as if she did not warrant an identity of her own.
        Sharon
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
          Shirley, yes, Ariana Franklin/Diana Norman has passed away and there are several posts about it on the internet. This is one from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12309949
          I had known for some time that she was seriously ill, but had hoped she would recover, but it wasn’t to be.
          Very sad. I loved her Diana Norman novels.

          Best
          Susan
          www.elizabethchadwick.com

          On the Crime Thru Time group, there has been a discussion of the death of Ariana Franklin who I believe also wrote many historical novels as Diana Norman. Can anyone confirm this sad news? I have been unable to find anything on the internet.
          Thanks
          Shirley

          [

        • Susan Hicks
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
            Sharon,
            I agree with you. Diana Norman never received the recognition she deserved. Barry Norman used to be a huge name in the UK, so I guess that’s why the newspaper used that tag, but she should have been illuminated in her own spotlight.

            Best
            Susan

            Yes, she did die; I believe it was on the 27th. I was offended to hear her described as "the novelist wife of Barry Norman," as if she did not warrant an identity of her own.
            Sharon

          • Janet Taylor
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
              Dear Susan,
              Hello, I haven't spoken to you in a while. I hope you're doing well?
              Wow, I sure hate to hear that about Diana Norman. I really loved her
              Mistress of the Arts of Death series. So sad.

              Thanks, Janet

              --- In HistoricalNovelSociety@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Hicks"
              <susan.hicks1@...> wrote:

              > Shirley, yes, Ariana Franklin/Diana Norman has passed away and there
              are several posts about it on the internet. This is one from the BBC
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12309949
              > I had known for some time that she was seriously ill, but had hoped
              she would recover, but it wasn’t to be.
              > Very sad. I loved her Diana Norman novels.
              >
              > Best
              > Susan
              > www.elizabethchadwick.com

            • Kilian Metcalf
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
                Oh, no! First Judith Merkle Riley and now Ariana Franklin, two of my
                favorite authors. I am so sorry for the loss of these two great writers.

                Kilian in Tucson

                From quiet homes and first beginning,
                Out to the undiscovered ends,
                There's nothing worth the wear of winning,
                But laughter and the love of friends. Hilaire Belloc

                *