Re:THE AFFLICTED GIRLS A Novel of Salem by Suzy Witten

  • Nancy Castaldo
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hi Suzy,

      Your book sounds intriguing. Who is the publisher? I was unable to locate
      it on B&N and Amazon.

      Thanks. Good luck with it.

      Nancy Castaldo

    • pandavoine
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2009
        Thanks, Nancy.

        I'm expecting it will be on Amazon and B&N by the end of November -- hopefully before Thanksgiving. But I'm taking orders for my author-signed copies on the website and will have the books in hand in about 2 1/2 more weeks.

        It's published by Dreamwand, a new small publishing house.

        --- In HistoricalNovelSociety@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Castaldo <NTCastaldo@...> wrote:

        > Hi Suzy,
        >
        > Your book sounds intriguing. Who is the publisher? I was unable to locate
        > it on B&N and Amazon.
        >
        > Thanks. Good luck with it.
        >
        > Nancy Castaldo

      • Anne Gilbert
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2009
          Suzy:

          Do you suppose this publishing house would be interested in "romantic" science fiction set in real historical time in medieval England? Just curious. I'd like to keep the place in mind, when I'm ready.
          Anne G

          Thanks, Nancy.

          I'm expecting it will be on Amazon and B&N by the end of November -- hopefully before Thanksgiving. But I'm taking orders for my author-signed copies on the website and will have the books in hand in about 2 1/2 more weeks.

          It's published by Dreamwand, a new small publishing house.

          --- In HistoricalNovelSociety@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Castaldo <NTCastaldo@...> wrote:

          > Hi Suzy,
          >
          > Your book sounds intriguing. Who is the publisher? I was unable to locate
          > it on B&N and Amazon.
          >
          > Thanks. Good luck with it.
          >
          > Nancy Castaldo

        • pandavoine
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 18, 2009
            -- BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT ---

            Dearest Friends,

            My book about Salem, THE AFFLICTED GIRLS A Novel of Salem, is finally published. Today's the BIG DAY!

            It can be purchased now on amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com, or from powellsbooks.com as an eBook, or from my website: www.theafflictedgirls.com for author-signed copies

            (Note: there is another book with the same title, so just be sure you're getting the 456 page novel by me, and not the book of poems by someone else)

            ISBN: 978-0-615-32313-8

            Something terrible happened in Salem in 1692 . . . but it isn't what you think!

            THE AFFLICTED GIRLS A Novel of Salem by author-researcher Suzy Witten presents a startling new theory of the Salem Village witch-hunts, which is certain to put this 300-year-old unsettled mystery to rest . . . by expertly guiding readers through The Historical Record to revelation. Part parable, part star-crossed romance, and part supernatural venture, this is an intuitive human history—and inhuman—spun with a modern twist. A controversial debut by a new Historical storyteller . . . A Walt Disney Studios Fellowship Finalist. Historical Fiction, 456 pages, A Paperback Original from Dreamwand (also available as an eBook) www.theafflictedgirls.com

            The mystery is solved!
          • pandavoine
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 19, 2009
              Hi Nancy,
              Thanks. It's been a lot of work over many years. Dreamwand is the publisher, and it is listed as of yesterday on both Amazon and B&N online.
              Suzy

              --- In HistoricalNovelSociety@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Castaldo <NTCastaldo@...> wrote:

              > Hi Suzy,
              >
              > Your book sounds intriguing. Who is the publisher? I was unable to locate
              > it on B&N and Amazon.
              >
              > Thanks. Good luck with it.
              >
              > Nancy Castaldo

            • pandavoine
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 5, 2009
                Hi Everyone,

                Just wanted those of you in the UK and Europe to know that my book THE AFFLICTED GIRLS is now available in your part of the world on Amazon. And it seems that it's also available now on Amazon in Australia. (The wonders of book distribution in the information age!)

                I'm getting very good feedback from bloggers, readers, other authors. All my hard work for so long was definitely worth it. I encourage everyone with a story to tell to go for it!

                All the best to you all in this holiday season,
                Suzy Witen
                Los Angeles
              • Susan Hicks
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 7, 2009
                  This would make an interesting Regency wouldn't it!!!! (well circa the Regency. Georgian I know, but advancing into Regency)

                  http://www.georgianlondon.com/elizabeth-stokes-lady-bare-knuckles

                  Best
                  Susan
                  www.elizabethchadwick.com

                • Alan Fisk
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 8, 2009
                    She appears in Deryn Lake's "Death on the Romney Marsh".

                    Ah, the gracious elegance of Georgian life...

                    Alan