History & Lovers: new site's debut

  • Catherine Karp
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
      I'm happy to announce the debut of History & Lovers, a site for historical
      love stories that don't fit the historical romance mold. Here is the URL:

      http://www.geocities.com/historyandlovers

      Please visit and enjoy. I myself have already discovered a wealth of books to
      add to my must-read list.

      Authors who have already added their books: I decided to include a link to
      author home pages, as well. If I haven't yet added yours, please send it my
      way. I tried to cover everyone who sent me their info.

      Happy surfing and reading!

      Catherine

      ***
      GILDED, winner of two awards
      http://www.catherinekarp.com
      History & Lovers: historical love stories that don't fit the historical
      romance mold
      http://www.geocities.com/historyandlovers
    • Kathryn Wasserman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
        Catherine,
        Lovely site! I do so appreciate someone centering on historicals that have
        romantic elements but are not "bodice-rippers"! My work certainly has
        romance in it but you won't find a euphemism for male body parts anywhere.
        I've read so many, otherwise worthwhile, books in which I had to skim over
        the obligatory "romance" to get back to the story. I realize that's a
        prejudice of mine and there is certainly a market for such books--it's just
        so refreshing to see there is a market for romantic history as well.
        Thanks for your hard work on this site!
        Kathryn
      • Susan Hicks
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
          Catherine wrote:

          > I'm happy to announce the debut of History & Lovers, a site for historical
          > love stories that don't fit the historical romance mold. Here is the URL:
          >
          > http://www.geocities.com/historyandlovers
          >
          > Please visit and enjoy. I myself have already discovered a wealth of
          books to
          > add to my must-read list.

          Thanks for putting up the site Catherine! I've noted down plenty of
          mouth-watering titles. I'm going to have to write more books so that I can
          afford to BUY more books - and space to put them!

          Best
          Susan :-)
          http://www.btinternet.com/~elizabeth.chadwick