HNS conference

  • Joyce
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hi: I'll be flying into Midway airport on the 12th. Does anyone else have flight plans this early? I was wondering about sharing a cab to the hotel. If anyone has any ideas as to how to keep some kind of list for this I'd love to get input.

      Joyce Moore

      In print and e-book
       June 2009 from Wild Rose Press:

           Jeanne of Clairmonde
      www.joycemoorebooks.com
      www.historicalhussies.blogspot.com

    • Dplatt24@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2009
        I am flying in on the 11th but arriving at (blecchhh!) O'Hare.

        On another site, I suggested a Thursaday dinner for carnivores at Texas de
        Brazil in the big mall across from the Hyatt. It is Brazilian rodizio style,
        all you can eat as servers continually circle table with skewers of steak,
        ribs, lamb, chicken, park, sausage plus a huge buffet of side dishes.
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://www.dell.com/co
        ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals?c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=d
        hs%26~ck=anavml)

      • Joyce
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 9, 2010
          Each morning I click on the HNS digest hoping for a conference announcement. I've been asked to commit to an event in October and so far have managed to stall for time. :-)  Anyone know when a date will be set? Is anything still in the works for Manchester?

          Joyce Moore

            Oct. 2010 from Five Star:
                The Tapestry Shop
          www.joycemoorebooks.com
          www.historicalhussies.blogspot.com
           www.joycemoore.blogspot.com

        • Richard Lee
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 9, 2010
            I'm waiting on others... will post as soon as I know.
            Best,
            Richard

            On 9 Feb 2010, at 13:54, Joyce wrote:

            > Each morning I click on the HNS digest hoping for a conference
            > announcement. I've been asked to commit to an event in October and
            > so far have managed to stall for time. :-) Anyone know when a date
            > will be set? Is anything still in the works for Manchester?
            >
            > Joyce Moore
            >
            > Oct. 2010 from Five Star:
            > The Tapestry Shop
            > www.joycemoorebooks.com
            > www.historicalhussies.blogspot.com
            > www.joycemoore.blogspot.com

            Richard Lee
            Founder/Publisher The Historical Novel Society
            www.historicalnovelsociety.org
            Marine Cottage, The Strand, Starcross, Devon, EX6 8NY. UK.

          • marysharratt
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 10, 2010
              Hi Richard, did you get my email re venues?

              All best,
              Mary

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 10, 2010
                Hi Mary,
                I didn't mean I was waiting on you. To be frank, I like all 3 venues:
                very stylish. But the first thing I need to decide is a date. This
                depends on Jane and Jerome getting back to me, because it may be that
                we can benefit from the Manchester Literary Festival promotion.
                That's what I'm waiting on. Then it'll be a shortish business of who
                can do what for us on that day/those days, and then the more
                enjoyable part of micro-planning!
                Keep with us everyone! If anyone is too annoyed that things aren't
                progressing as quickly as they might wish, we are still accepting
                volunteer helpers ;-)
                Best,
                Richard

                On 10 Feb 2010, at 12:40, marysharratt wrote:

                > Hi Richard, did you get my email re venues?
                >
                > All best,
                > Mary
                >
                > --- In HistoricalNovelSociety@yahoogroups.com, Richard Lee
                > <richard@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm waiting on others... will post as soon as I know.
                > > Best,
                > > Richard
                > >
                > > On 9 Feb 2010, at 13:54, Joyce wrote:
                > >
                > > > Each morning I click on the HNS digest hoping for a conference
                > > > announcement. I've been asked to commit to an event in October and
                > > > so far have managed to stall for time. :-) Anyone know when a date
                > > > will be set? Is anything still in the works for Manchester?
                > > >
                > > > Joyce Moore

              • Joyce
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 10, 2013
                  He Everyone: Here we are, only months from the North American HNS conference. If you haven't been watching, go to http://www.HNS-conference.org and look at the new agents and editors we have lined up, all looking for new historicals. Take special notice of our special Pre-conference seminars where an editor gives individual advice about your opening pages.

                   Joyce Elson Moorewww.joycemoorebooks.com