Working Partners Two - Ancient Roman Trilogy

  • Richard Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi All,
      Interesting lead from a book packager below - especially if you are
      interested in writing about Rome. Please read the email carefully and
      take a look at the company's website. If you are still interested, I
      think you can contact the firm directly via their website.
      Good luck!
      Best,
      Richard

      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: "Michael Ford" <MichaelF@...>
      > Date: 10 September 2008 16:23:27 BDT
      > To: <richard@...>
      > Subject: Working Partners Two - Ancient Roman Trilogy
      >
      > Dear Richard,
      >
      > I�m an editor at Working Partners Two, a book packager based in the
      > UK. We create adult and children�s fiction for publishers around
      > the world, by marrying storylines created in-house with suitable
      > writers. Part of this process is finding the right writer for an
      > individual project or series in a given genre, and we�d like to
      > widen our database to include more historical novelists. We work
      > with both published and unpublished writers.
      >
      > We are currently pitching an Ancient Roman trilogy to UK and US
      > publishers, and we�d like to find a writer. In brief, the way we
      > work is to ask several writers to attempt the first three chapters
      > based on a detailed storyline. We offer extensive feedback to all,
      > then choose the best and present that to a publisher along with the
      > storyline. Once we have a commission, we then pass on a portion of
      > the advance and subsequent royalties to the author for writing the
      > whole novel. This approach is more common in children�s literature
      > than adult, but we believe that it is just as viable in the adult
      > market, and can be a useful source of feedback and income to some
      > writers.
      >
      > If you think that this idea might interest any of your members,
      > we�d be delighted to hear from them. Thank you for your time.
      >
      > Yours sincerely,
      >
      > Michael
      >
      > Michael Ford
      > Commissioning Editor
      > Working Partners Two
      > Stanley House
      > St Chad's Place
      > London
      > WC1X 9HH
      >
      > www.workingpartnersltd.co.uk

      Richard Lee
      Founder/Publisher The Historical Novel Society
      www.historicalnovelsociety.org
      Marine Cottage, The Strand, Starcross, Devon, EX6 8NY. UK.