RE: Historical Novel Society Re: The Thrall's Tale

  • Judith Lindbergh
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007
      No offense taken. I'm just thrilled you want to read it. Let me know
      what you think. I trust the people on this list to have a critical,
      insightful eye.

      All best,

      Judith Lindbergh
      author of The Thrall's Tale
      www.judithlindbergh.com

      > OK, so how stupid am I. I mixed up Judith Lindberg and Libby Sternberg in
      > my
      > mind. I'm on two very different lists, but I did feel silly when I went to
      > the bookstore today to buy The Thrall's Tale by Libby Sternberg!
      >

      > Sorry, Judith. I am corrected, and looking forward to reading this book
      > that
      > so many people have praised so highly.
      >

      > Susanne Dunlap
      >
      > Author of Emilie's Voice and Liszt's Kiss
      >
      > Touchstone Books
      >
      > www.dunlaphistoricalfiction.com
      >
      > _____
    • Stephanie Cowell
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007
        This is a wonderful book..and I don't know if the group knows that Judy
        Lindbergh and I were in the same writers' support group for 10 years. We
        struggled with our novels and ended up with the same agent and the same
        editor/publishing house.and our books are very different but our passion for
        history is the same! We're still hoping to publish the story of our
        miraculous writing group but are too busy now writing our new novels!

        Stephanie Cowell

        Marrying Mozart from Viking Penguin

        "A grand little mini-opera, filled with twists of affection, musical
        politics, love, loss and chocolate." Seattle Times

      • Judith Lindbergh
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2007
          Thanks, Stephanie. It's all true. Without our group, I doubt I would
          ever have kept writing through those long, hard years.

          Judith Lindbergh
          author of The Thrall's Tale
          www.judithlindbergh.com

          > This is a wonderful book..and I don't know if the group knows that Judy
          > Lindbergh and I were in the same writers' support group for 10 years. We
          > struggled with our novels and ended up with the same agent and the same
          > editor/publishing house.and our books are very different but our passion
          > for
          > history is the same! We're still hoping to publish the story of our
          > miraculous writing group but are too busy now writing our new novels!
          >

          > Stephanie Cowell
          >
          > Marrying Mozart from Viking Penguin
          >
          > "A grand little mini-opera, filled with twists of affection, musical
          > politics, love, loss and chocolate." Seattle Times

        • Mary Sharratt
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 2, 2007
            Stephanie and Judith,

            It sounds like you have a fantastically prolific and supportive group!

            All best,
            Mary

            THE VANISHING POINT by Mary Sharratt, Houghton Mifflin

            "Intelligent and gripping."
            --Kathy Weissman, BOOKREPORTER.COM

            www.marysharratt.com

            --- In HistoricalNovelSociety@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie Cowell"