RE: food for thought 1st March

  • John Gurusamy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2010

      From: rewe41@...
      To: rewe41@...
      Subject: food for thought 1st March
      Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:52:29 +0800

       Daily Scripture (1st March)

      "But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord."

      Numbers 14:21

      (28th Feb)

      "Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wroght his judgement; seek righteousness, seek meekness:"

       Zephaniah 2:3

      (27th Feb)

      "I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."

       Jeremiah 17:10

      26th Feb

      "And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him."
      Psalms 37:40

      TODAY'S CONTEMPLATION

      1st March

      Anyone can carry his burden, however hard, until nightfall. Anyone can do his work, however hard, for one day. Anyone can live sweetly, patiently, lovingly, purely, till the sun goes down. And this is all life really means.

         --  Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)

      28th Feb

      Mastery does not come from dabbling. We have to be prepared to pay the price. We need to have the sustained enthusiasm that motivates us to give our best.

         --  Eknath Easwaran

      27th Feb

      As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.

         --  John F. Kennedy (1917-1963), 35th President of the United States

      26th Feb

      Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write.

         --  John Adams (1735-1826); 2nd U.S. President

      Sai Inspires - 1st March 2010

      Sai

      Every living being looks at the world around and can find each one looking at it uniquely, in one's own special way. The same object is looked at by ten different persons, with ten different feelings. One individual is looked at by the son with the feeling that he is a father.  The wife looks upon the same individual as a husband. His companion looks upon him with the feeling that he is a dear friend. Being the same individual, he responds differently to each one.  Each one of those who visualize him differently are uniquely affected. Realize this Truth and fill your vision with Wisdom. You will realize God's omnipresence, everywhere, at all times.

      -Divine Discourse,  Vidya Vahini .

      Help Ever, Hurt Never. - Baba

      Sai Inspires - 28th February 2010

      Food when left unconsumed for long becomes stale and emits foul smell. So too, when our faults are not corrected, they will have a negative impact on our own lives. We must persist in the internal cleansing process, either by our own efforts or by heeding to the advice of those sympathetic souls who have succeeded in cleansing themselves. If we do not do it, like the plate of cooked food left aside too long, our life will begin to degenerate.

      -Divine Discourse, Vidya Vahini.

      Sai

      An ounce of practice is greater than a ton of preaching. - Baba

      Sai Inspires - 27th February 2010

      Sai

      The magnet can draw iron towards itself, but it cannot attract pieces of iron covered with dust and rust. Of course, talks are good - only the practice is paralyzed. Unless this illness is cured, the manifestation of education and scholarship cannot happen. The dust and the rust on the pieces of the iron must be washed away in order for the magnet to attract. When the mind is polished and pure, there will be harmony in thought, word and deed. This harmony in thought, word and deed is the best proof for the worth of any human being.

      -Divine Discourse. Vidya Vahini.

      You ask, "I want Peace"- Remove the "I" (ego), and the "want"(desire) - You will have Peace! - Baba

      Sai Inspires - 26th February 2010

      Sai

      The expression  "God is no where" can remain unchanged; there is no need to confront or contradict that expression. The only thing necessary is to read the "w" in "where", in conjunction with the previous "no", so that it becomes, "God is now here!" The negative suddenly becomes positive! Similarly, by merely unifying your vision towards God in one direction, the distinctions and differences you see in the world disappear and the Many becomes One. Great devotees from all faiths have all realized this truth by their unwavering faith, won through the purification of the mind.

      -Divine Discourse, Vidya Vahini.

      Start Early, Drive Slowly, Reach Safely. - Baba

      Divine Discourse

      People describe the form of God as Rudra and Santhiswarupa. But, God is always Santhiswarupa (Embodiment of Peace) only. He is always pleasant and smiling. To imagine such an Embodiment of Peace in a different form is only the making of the devotee. If at all there are any such illusions, one has to get rid of them. One has to realise Divinity by cultivating love for God.

      It is only love that can bind God. Through such Divine love, the oneness of God has to be realised. If the attributeless God has to be described, the description would be Ekam, Nityam, Vimalam, Achalam, Sarvadhee Sakshibhutam Bhavateetam Trigunarahitam (One without a second, eternal, pure, unchanging, witness to all functions of the intellect, beyond one’s imagination, beyond the three Gunas (Sattwa, Rajas and Thamas).

      - From Swami's 2005 Shivarathri Divine Discourse.

      Om Sai Ram

    • drkannan@bumiemas.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2010
        Dear Jhon,
        Greetings,
        1 MALAYSIAN 1 TREE in 101010
        Refer to our 1,000,000 ( 1 Million ) Tree planting program on October
        10.2010, i spoken to PROSTAR Youth Club ( Klinik Kesihatan
        Malaysia)Chairman Dr.Ismail Lasa, he already pledge to sponcer 500,000
        trees in whole Malaysia. He's club will joint to plant 500,000 trees. We
        need more NGO's, Club and other organization to participate in our
        program.
        Please read todays star paper about the tree panting program.

        Thank you Jhon and have a nice day.

        Regards

        Dr.Kannan