Re: Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him dog

  • snt1050
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2008
      he throws the shoes bush throws Rockets

      -- In Hindraf@yahoogroups.com, r r <alternatif2007@...> wrote:

      > Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him dog
      > Sun Dec 14, 12:57 pm ET
      > BAGHDAD (Reuters) – An Iraqi reporter called visiting U.S. President
      George W. Bush a "dog" in Arabic on Sunday and threw his shoes at him
      during a news conference in Baghdad.
      > Iraqi security officers and U.S. secret service agents leapt at the
      man and dragged him struggling and screaming out of the room where
      Bush was giving a news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri
      al-Maliki.
      > The shoes missed their target about 15 feet away. One sailed over
      Bush's head as he stood next to Maliki and smacked into the wall
      behind him. Bush smiled uncomfortably and Maliki looked strained.
      > "It doesn't bother me," Bush said, urging everyone to calm down as a
      ruckus broke out in the conference room.
      > When asked about the incident shortly after, Bush made light of it.
      "I didn't feel the least threatened by it," he said.
      > Other Iraqi journalists apologized on behalf of their colleague, a
      television journalist.
      > Bush arrived in Baghdad earlier Sunday on a farewell visit before he
      leaves office in January. The U.S.-led invasion in 2003 to topple
      Saddam Hussein triggered years of sectarian bloodshed and insurgency
      in Iraq, killing tens of thousands.
      > (Reporting by Matt Spetalnick; Writing by Michael Christie; Editing
      by Elizabeth Piper)

      > Those held under the ISA are defined as a group that has virtually
      no rights, so it is hardly surprising that prison guards treat them as
      less than human.