A Prayer On Merdeka Day

  • r r
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2008
      A Prayer On Merdeka Day
      Thursday, 28 August 2008 07:01pm

      (c)MYSinchew. com (Used by permission)
      by Mohsin Abdullah

      It's all over the place. On bill boards, banners, on the air waves on TV and
      radio, in newspapers. Everywhere.

      "PERPADUAN TERAS KEJAYAAN'' That's Malay for "Unity is the core for
      success". You can't be more right than that. And that's the theme chosen by
      the government for this year's Merdeka celebrations. Rightly so.

      Perpaduan teras kejayaan. Yes but we see racial cards being played at a
      frightening pitch. Almost everything - from what we wear on our heads, to
      proposals and ideas on places of worship, places of higher leaning and
      places for the dead are exploited and played up along racial lines.

      Perpaduan teras kejayaan. Yes but we see sentiments being fanned. We are
      told our race is under threat. Our supremacy being challenged. And we might
      be wiped out even by the "other" race.

      Perpaduan teras kejayaan. Yes but we hear of people accusing other people of
      selling out their own race.

      Perpaduan teras kejayaan. Yes but we see the tenets of Rukun Negara
      tarnished.

      Perpaduan teras kejayaan. Yes but we the ugliness that cut short the now
      well known forum organized by the Bar Council.

      Perpaduan teras kejayaan. Yes but we hear of threatening words asking fellow
      Malaysians to leave Malaysia, the very country they were born in.

      Perpaduan teras kejayaan. Yes but the derogatory words and disparaging
      remarks against may of us, still ring in our ears.

      All that are the "sins' committed by politicians including ministers. We
      know why they doing it. They know we know. But that's not stopping them. Not
      even election results which showed multi racial lines do work.

      Perpaduan teras kejayaan? Then we see, in Beijing, a Malaysian called Lee
      Chong Wei
      embracing another Malaysian called Misbun Sidek. That tells it
      all. It goes beyond sports. That's what Malaysia is all about. It's not a
      lost cause, there's hope.

      And I know as much as you do that many Malaysians, politicians and ministers
      included who believe in that. Perpaduan teras kejayaan. Yes.

      Happy 51st Merdeka Malaysia.
      Mohsin Abdullah is Editor in Chief News and Current Affairs ntv7 & 8TV.

      In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place-Mahatma

    • John Gurusamy
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008

        To: harakahdaily@yahoogroups.com; hindraf@yahoogroups.com; Indian-Malaysian@yahoogroups.com; indianmalaysianrights@yahoogroups.com; MakkalSakhti@yahoogroups.com; malaysiafm@...; malaysianequalrights@...; waytha@...; my_indian@yahoogroups.com; nat@...; sangkancil@...
        From: alternatif2007@...
        Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 04:02:20 -0700
        Subject: [HINDRAF] A Prayer On Merdeka Day

[...]

        Enrich your blog with Windows Live Writer. Windows Live Writer