Late Everest M. Murthy Case

  • Kamalanathan Sappani
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2006
      Dear Brothers and Sisters,

      The late Everest M. Murthy was laid to rest as a Muslim despite all
      our pleas and cries in addition to that of his beloved wife and
      family. The brave lawyers were unable to stop the burial due to
      technicalities in the Judicial system

      Now the case is again scheduled for hearing on the 20th June 2006 at
      Putra Jaya. All are requested to attend this landmark case as it will
      determine the fate of anyone who may be wrongly proclaimed as a
      Muslim. Please be present and give support to our beloved community.
      We were brought into this country as indentured labourers but most
      have progressed and done well in all fields but in the field of
      religion we are being bullied and threatened. Let's stand up in one
      voice and tell the world that we have a right to practice the religion
      we want.

      Also please log on to

      to post your comments on the matter. Please encourage your friends as
      well to log on and speak your mind. Silence is seen as submission, so
      we need to voice our feelings and preserve the freedom for our
      children and the generations to come. If we sell off our freedom the
      future generation will remember us as cowards who sold off our
      religious rights.

      Whilst our people hve toiled the land over to develop our naton's
      economy, our freedom have been gradually eroded. Please give your
      support generously and let's arrange some busses to Putra Jaya to
      ferry us there. Those who are good at this should arrange for this
      facility.

      Hari Om

      Dr. Kamalanathan Sappani