Missing new member anouncements

  • Alan Marconett
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2009
      Members,

      Sorry, I just found out that there have been a number of new members
      that have been waiting for acceptance. Seems I haven't been getting the
      meeting announcements!

      I've been working on a new 'quad robot, and will be posting info here.

      What's everyone else been doing?

      Alan KM6VV
    • Alan Marconett
      Message 2 of 10 , May 13, 2009
        Hi Dave, Robin, David, and all the other new members!

        Dave, would you care to help as a moderator?

        Alan KM6VV
      • Dave Hylands
        Message 3 of 10 , May 13, 2009
          Hi Alan

          On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Alan Marconett <KM6VV@...> wrote:
          > Hi Dave, Robin, David, and all the other new members!
          >
          > Dave, would you care to help as a moderator?

          Sure - no problemo....

          --
          Dave Hylands
          Shuswap, BC, Canada
          Message 4 of 10 , May 13, 2009
            Done!

            Alan KM6VV

          • Robin
            Message 5 of 10 , May 14, 2009
              Hi Alan,

              Thanks for suggesting this list as a place to continue the discussion about quadruped locomotion from SRS!

              I realized I hadn't seen your hexapod before. It really looks nice! Any photos yet of your quad in progress?

              - Robin

              --- In HexapodRobotIK@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Marconett" <KM6VV@...> wrote:

              > Hi Dave, Robin, David, and all the other new members!
              >
              > Dave, would you care to help as a moderator?
              >
              > Alan KM6VV

            • Alan Marconett
              Message 6 of 10 , May 14, 2009
                Hi Robin!

                Thanks!

                My hexapod just got new knee servos, time to straighten up the wiring again.
                I'm also threatening to make aluminum plates for the body to replace the
                Lexan material I'm currently using.

                Yes! I have a few photos of my new quadruped that I will be posting
                shortly!

                It's (no name yet) only able to stand up at this point, and no time to work
                on the code. I'm initially going to go with the Atom Pro and BASIC to be
                able to share the project better; but there is also a C compiler (GNU) that
                will work with the Renisys processor in the Pro module.

                Alan KM6VV

              • Robin
                Message 7 of 10 , May 16, 2009
                  I'm looking forward to seeing it!

                  - Robin

                  --- In HexapodRobotIK@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Marconett" <KM6VV@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Robin!
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > My hexapod just got new knee servos, time to straighten up the wiring again.
                  > I'm also threatening to make aluminum plates for the body to replace the
                  > Lexan material I'm currently using.
                  >
                  > Yes! I have a few photos of my new quadruped that I will be posting
                  > shortly!
                  >
                  > It's (no name yet) only able to stand up at this point, and no time to work
                  > on the code. I'm initially going to go with the Atom Pro and BASIC to be
                  > able to share the project better; but there is also a C compiler (GNU) that
                  > will work with the Renisys processor in the Pro module.
                  >
                  > Alan KM6VV

                • Alan Marconett
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 16, 2009
                    Hi Robin,

                    I got some pictures up! I even added comments, but yahoo lost them.

                    ?mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

                    Alan KM6VV

                  • Robin
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 16, 2009
                      --- In HexapodRobotIK@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Marconett" <KM6VV@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Robin,
                      >
                      > I got some pictures up! I even added comments, but yahoo lost them.

                      > ?mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc

                      You mean they lost the comments, right? I do see the pictures :) Looks very spiff!

                      I wonder if, for this body design, you might want to consider gaits other than catlike walking. I think you might need to "do the rollercoaster" (new dance concept :) to pivot the body over the front legs. What do you think?

                      - Robin
                    • Alan Marconett
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 16, 2009
                        Hi Robin,

                        Yes, I had added comments about each of the 8 pix in their new "comment
                        box", and the next thing I knew, they were all gone! It did appear to be
                        one comment box for all, which is strange, but maybe it's a new feature
                        they're still working on.

                        Thanks! I'm happy with it. I've been saying cat, but actually this chassis
                        is sprawl-leg, which is better suited for an insect or spider (reptile?), I
                        know. It's just a way to get into quad motion. I am working on a new leg
                        design that will have an additional horizontal axis at the hip.

                        Pivot the body over the front legs? Well, with 3DOF legs, the body can be
                        shifted forward more onto the front legs. I'm still working out the
                        freedoms of the legs. These will provide limits to the servo's motions, so
                        that I don't bang legs together, or strain the servos unmercifully!

                        Yes, for now this quad's gaits will be more reptile like. I'm really after
                        a cat body.

                        Alan KM6VV