new Robot list! Intro

  • Alan Marconett
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2007
      Hi!

      Well I may as well start off with the first message for this list!

      As I've mentioned, I get several things out of building robots. First, I
      like *Creating* things! I find enjoyment in designing and building
      electrical, mechanical and firmware projects. I'm looking to share and
      learn with others with similar interests.

      A little about my work:
      I have CNC'd my Sherline mill and lathe, and I also have a larger mill and
      lathe in the "downstairs" shop. I wrote the CNC control program running my
      mill and lathe.

      I enjoy designing working model steam engines, and once again making parts
      for robots (I was first building robots in '85). I also design and write
      software for several uP families.

      I enjoy doing a little "pure research", and walking robots are just the
      thing. I've built wheeled robots before, but this time it's LEGS!

      I hope this becomes a friendly platform where we can explore software and
      hardware for robots.

      I'm also an Amateur Radio (Ham) operator, and enjoy building and operating
      radio equipment.

      Alan KM6VV
    • Dale
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2007
        --- In HexapodRobotIK@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Marconett" <KM6VV@...>
        wrote:
        > I enjoy designing working model steam engines, and once again
        making parts
        > for robots (I was first building robots in '85). I also design and
        write
        > software for several uP families.

        Look out world, I have arrived.. :D

        > I'm also an Amateur Radio (Ham) operator, and enjoy building and
        operating
        > radio equipment.

        Yep, you are quite a HAM alright, Alan. ;)

        8-Dale