Proposed addition for next release

  • Telas
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      I know it's too late for this release, but I'd like to see some common house rules appear as options in the first page of the spreadsheet.  The "Apply dodge to all opponents" is one such example.

      Perhaps some suggestions and maybe a poll?

      The one I'd like to see is "Knowledge (local) as class skill for all classes".  I've seen this one in almost all the games I've played in, and it seems fairly common outside my area.

      Other common house rules that I've seen are: no BAB prerequisite for Weapon Finesse, spontaneous casting of 0-level spells, one additional skill point per level for Half-Elves, apply 1st level bonus spell modifier to 0-level spells, free Eschew Materials for spontaneous casters, and 2 extra skill points for Sorcerers.  (OK, the last one is a pretty big change.)

      Does anyone else think that commonly-used house rules should be added, assuming it's easily done?  Which ones would you add?  Am I asking for something beyond the range/purpose of HeroForge?

      Telas

    • Albert Nakano
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
        --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, Telas <TelasTX@g...> wrote:
        [snip]
        > Perhaps some suggestions and maybe a poll?
        [snip]
        > Does anyone else think that commonly-used house rules should be
        > added, assuming it's easily done?

        I think a poll would be good. I am personally opposed to to adding
        common house rule functionality. This is simply because of the extra
        coding required, and Excel is being stretched as it is. Instead of
        adding another level of complexity, the team should focus more on
        incorporating upcoming releases, IMHO, of course. ;)

        Albert Nakano
      • Christopher Mathieu
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005
          I agree here.  My players are clamoring for me to allow Complete Adventurer, so having that accessible in HF would be nice.

          Albert Nakano <bertman4@...> wrote:
          Instead of adding another level of complexity, the team should focus more on incorporating upcoming releases, IMHO, of course. ;)

          Yahoo! Personals
        • Jonathan M. Thompson
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005

            I’m having the same problem. I am looking forward to the release of version 4.

            Jonathan M. Thompson

            President, Battlefield Press, Inc. (http://www.battlefieldpress.com)

            jthompson@... / AIM - GreyLnsman

            Open Core Role Playing System, Eric Flint's 1632 Resource Guide and Role Playing Game & Ted Nomura's Luftwaffe 1946 Role Playing Game - Available now. Men of Mystery: A Game of Weird Menaces in the days of WWII using the Unisystem - Coming in 2006