Arcane Spell Failure

  • Shawn
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
      Just a question have not seen it posted before and if it has please be
      kind with answers.

      Will the new version of HF automatically adjust spell failure for those
      classes (a Duskblade for example) that eliminate the SF chance at
      certain levels for certain types of armor and shields?

      I am currently using v5.04
    • Robert Daneri
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
        Message
        First 5.0.4 is an out of date version. 5.0.8 is the most current version.

        Second the reduction in arcane spell failure only effects spells cast from that classes spell list and not from spells cast from other classes. So A duskblade/wizard would still incur arcane spell failure if casting spells from it's wizard class spells. So the short answer is no it won't, that is something you have to track yourself.

        Robert "Dark Star" Daneri
        Hero Forge Development Team

        Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
          The short, kind answer is no, those are conditional situations, the spell failure chance would still apply if they were to cast spells from any other arcane class.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
            Thanks guys kind of what I thought but wanting to make sure. and
            sorry numbers blurring together in my mind I am using 5.0.8

            --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Daneri"
            <dinelendarkstar@...> wrote:

            > First 5.0.4 is an out of date version. 5.0.8 is the most current
            version.

            > Second the reduction in arcane spell failure only effects spells
            cast from
            > that classes spell list and not from spells cast from other
            classes. So A
            > duskblade/wizard would still incur arcane spell failure if casting
            spells
            > from it's wizard class spells. So the short answer is no it won't,
            that is
            > something you have to track yourself.
            >

            > Robert "Dark Star" Daneri
            > Hero Forge Development Team
            >
            > Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

          • Brad Sumner

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2007
                I've often thought that flags for conditional modifiers would be useful in a LOT of different areas.  Just something simple, like a red asterisk (*) next to any field with conditional modifiers.  So, not only could ASF be flagged for Warmages and such, but Will Saves could be flagged when Force of Personality is chosen, AC could be flagged when Dodge is chosen, etc.

                This still leaves it up to the player to know the rules, but provides friendly reminders when there's something not-so-obvious.

                -Rob

                Robert Daneri wrote:

                First 5.0.4 is an out of date version. 5.0.8 is the most current version.

                Second the reduction in arcane spell failure only effects spells cast from that classes spell list and not from spells cast from other classes. So A duskblade/wizard would still incur arcane spell failure if casting spells from it's wizard class spells. So the short answer is no it won't, that is something you have to track yourself.

                Robert "Dark Star" Daneri
                Hero Forge Development Team

              • Stephen Wilcoxon

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 4, 2007
                      Message
                      I do like both of these ideas and will work into getting it implemented.