Planetar? [was: Empower?]

  • solomani
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 1 12:26 AM

      Fair assumption to be honest J

      Separate question.  HF has Savage Species as well as MM as sources but Planetar and Solar (for example) are not in the race drop down.  Is there a reason for this?

      Thanks.

      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 1 10:47 PM
        Message
        Because they do not have a "As player characters" entry in the MM.

        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 1 11:17 PM

          So Savage Species isn’t a supported source then?  What exactly from SS is included in HF?

          The reason I ask is as a DM I create major NPC’s as PC’s using HF.  Makes running complex and important PCs a lot easier.  Any “addon” HF that would let me do this?  I could always manually add it I guess.

          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 1 11:33 PM
            Message
            Well I guess when it comes to taking any creature and making it into a PC, no. Savage Species has been in for longer than I started working on this project, so the former developers probably didn't add these features. The way I've always understood it is that if the creature isn't listed with the "as player character" part it didn't make it into HF. Now Savage Species gives the rules to do this with any creature but like I said I guess this feature was left out.

            But that is food for thought to see what it would take to implement.

            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 2 3:08 AM

              Thanks for the info.

              I have been experimenting with adding the movanic deva to the list.  Using the structure doc got everything fairly well understood.  Except one thing.  On the race info sheet you have a formula in column B and column D (“short list”).  I stuck the Deva in the list alphabetically so it ends up at row 29.  I just continued the formula from the previous cell for both B and D.

              So at row 29 where I placed the deva in the list the formula is =IF(C29="",B28,B28+1) which gives me a “26”.

              On the same row but at column D I have =IF(ROW()-2>MAX($B29:$B$155),"",VLOOKUP(ROW()-2,$B29:$C$155,2,FALSE)) and the word “Doppleganger” listed.

              Not sure what the second formulae is doing exactly.   Now on the race dropdown under Doppleganger I have a blank entry.  I assume this is the deva but if I select it I get a vb script error.  I attached a screenshot if the list lets it through.

              Any suggestions?

              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 2 12:33 PM
                You will find that the formula in cells B30 will have =IF(C30="",B28,B28+1) as it entry it should have =IF(C30="",B29,B29+1).
                When you insert a row it keeps the original reference to the cell 'B28' if you click on the cell above and drag the formula down you need to drag it to include the cell below the inserted row.

                Regards,
                Chris McLaughlin
                "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."