Re: [Hero_Forge] Template Sheet

  • solomani
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
      Out of interest how did you modify the template?   I have a character who is a vampire spawn so would like to cut down the bonuses from the true vampire template.

      epi_lepi wrote:

      My DM created his own vampire template, so when I was adjusting the
      template info sheet I found out that heroforge won't enable natural
      attacks gained by templates, unless you're half-find or half-dragon.
      It's written in the lines for each of the templates but in the bottom
      row that details what you've selected it doesn't show natural attacks
      from the other templates. I'm using the custom class and race version
      right now, features which, by the way, I hope are integrated to the
      base heroforge sheet.

    • epi_lepi
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
        In the template info sheet I changed all the things in row 10 that were
        different in my DMs version, then I had to go into the hidden columns
        in the feat page and the skill page and change the bonus's. Last I went
        back to the Template Info sheet and replaced the template abilities
        with my new ones. The new one had less abilities so I had to delete a
        few rows. But now I have a problem that I forgot to mention, for some
        reason only sme of the ability descriptions wrap right when they're put
        on Character sheet 2. I have no clue whats causing this or how to fix
        it. Anyone have any ideas?
      • Robert Daneri
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 1, 2006
          Message
          You have to use hard carriage returns in the descriptions at the right place to make them wrap right (shift+enter) I believe is how you do it.

          Robert "Dark Star" Daneri

          Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 2, 2006
              --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, solomani <solomani@...> wrote:

              > Thanks. But when I go back to the template sheet and unhide
              everything
              > all I see is an extra row I which has TRUE, FALSE etc. How are you
              > seeing the template description in row 10 for example?

              I'm not quite sure what you're asking because I did nothing to the
              Template sheet,only the hidden Templat Info sheet. I didn't insert a
              new template I just changed the details of the existing vampire
              template.

              And thank you Robert, I tried ctrl+enter, and while that didn't work, I
              thought to do alt+enter and that did.
            • Robert Daneri
              Message 6 of 28 , Aug 3, 2006
                Message
                Ya that's it, alt+enter. I can never remember that one. Glad I could help.

                Message 7 of 28 , Aug 3, 2006
                  How do you show the hidden-template info sheet?

                  Thanks.

                  epi_lepi wrote:

                  --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogro ups.com, solomani <solomani@.. .> wrote:

                  > Thanks. But when I go back to the template sheet and unhide
                  everything
                  > all I see is an extra row I which has TRUE, FALSE etc. How are you
                  > seeing the template description in row 10 for example?

                  I'm not quite sure what you're asking because I did nothing to the
                  Template sheet,only the hidden Templat Info sheet. I didn't insert a
                  new template I just changed the details of the existing vampire
                  template.

                  And thank you Robert, I tried ctrl+enter, and while that didn't work, I
                  thought to do alt+enter and that did.

                • Telas
                  Message 8 of 28 , Aug 3, 2006
                    In Excel:

                    Format > Sheet > Unhide > select sheet to unhide.

                    Telas

                        Message 11 of 28 , Sep 5, 2006
                          Out of interest which sheet contains the familiar information?  I assume there is a table/sheet somewhere listing their base abilities?

                        • solomani
                          Message 12 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                            No one?  Basically I want to add a custom familiar.

                            solomani wrote:

                            Out of interest which sheet contains the familiar information?  I assume there is a table/sheet somewhere listing their base abilities?

                        • Rob Cottrell
                          Message 13 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                            I don't know, but let's find out together, shall we?  We'll walk through this one step-by-step...  (Skip to the end if you just want me to give away the answer.)

                            1 - Open the 'Forge.
                            2 - Go to the "Classes" tab.
                            3 - Find the pull-down box labeled "Adepts/Sorcerers//Wizards: Select a Familiar Here".
                            4 - Right-click on that pull-down box and select "Format Control" from the menu.
                            5 - Look on the "Control" tab for the "Input Range:" value.  Note that it says "TblFamiliars".

                            What this means is that there is a range in Excel somewhere called "TblFamiliars" that has the information that populates that box.  Now we just have to find it.

                            6 - Click "Cancel" to close the control format window.
                            7 - From the Excel menu at the top, select "Insert --> Name --> Define...".
                            8 - In the window that appears, scroll down to find "TblFamiliars" (with an "s" at the end -- there is also a "TblFamiliar" entry, which isn't what you want).
                            9 - Select "TblFamiliars", and look at what appears in the "Refers to:" box.  Note that it says "='Class Info Aux'!$B$45:$B$145".

                            What this means is that the information you're looking for is on the "Class Info Aux" tab, in cells B45 through B145.  So, one last step...

                            10 - From the Excel menu, select "Format --> Sheet --> Unhide...".  Select the sheet name you want to unhide ("Class Info Aux"), and click "OK".

                            Does that answer your question?

                            -Rob

                            solomani wrote:

                            Out of interest which sheet contains the familiar information?  I assume there is a table/sheet somewhere listing their base abilities?

                            _

                          • Telas

                                Message 16 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                  Here I thought I was joining a HeroForge group, but it appears I have
                                  joined the CompuGeek Comedy Hour Group.

                                  Ian

                                  I mean that the nicest possible way. Really. No, I promise. No I don't
                                  think you are TOO geeky. Think Rivers Cuomo. You know, the guy from
                                  Weezer.

                                  On 9/7/06, Telas <TelasTX@...> wrote:

                                  > Highlight > Right Click > Copy > Save as... > "How to track the source of a
                                  > pull-down".
                                  >
                                  > Thanks,
                                  >
                                  > Telas
                                • Brendon Hays
                                  Message 17 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006

                                    You’re not the only appreciative one.  I think I learned 2 or 3 new Excel tricks thanks to that short tutorial.

                                    THANKS ROB!

                                    Brendon  (whose Excel use just got a little easier)

                                        Message 20 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                          We're gamers... Gamers can NEVER be too geeky...

                                          ...well, not unless they LARP...  ;-)

                                          -Rob

                                          On 9/7/06, Ian Greulich < ian.greulich@...> wrote:

                                          Here I thought I was joining a HeroForge group, but it appears I have
                                          joined the CompuGeek Comedy Hour Group.

                                          Ian

                                          I mean that the nicest possible way. Really. No, I promise. No I don't
                                          think you are TOO geeky. Think Rivers Cuomo. You know, the guy from
                                          Weezer.

                                        • David Farnsworth
                                          Message 21 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                            That's me!!!!!

                                            Rob Cottrell <robcottrell@...> wrote:
                                            No problem... I'm glad to help.

                                            Inane questions don't bother me too much.  I recognize that not everyone can be an Excel nerd like me.  But some questions do puzzle me.  I'm sometimes amazed at the odd combinations of skill levels people will have... it's like a person staring at their car saying, "I'm gonna replace my head gaskets... now how do I find the engine?"  ;-)

                                            -Rob

                                            On 9/7/06, solomani <solomani@electric- rain.net> wrote:
                                            As usual Rob you have been spot on and very helpful.  Thank you (you as well Telas).  I know sometimes my questions may sound inane to the vets but I do appreciate the answers.

                                            Thanks.

                                            "May you live in interesting times" - ancient chinese curse

                                            David Farnsworth
                                            Self-Proclaimed Demi-God

                                            Do you Yahoo!?

                                          • Telas

                                              Message 23 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                                Did she turn you into a newt?

                                                Ian

                                                There, reset the refrence meter to 1

                                                On 9/7/06, Telas <TelasTX@...> wrote:

                                                > It's a possibility. How many posts since a Monty Python reference? :-)
                                                >
                                                > I was copying it for my Documentation work on HF. I should have a FAQ
                                                > (beta) to post in a couple of weeks.
                                                >
                                                > Telas
                                              • Rob Cottrell

                                                    Message 26 of 28 , Sep 7, 2006
                                                      Message
                                                      Oh you too. Cool. Ya Kobold Scout Order of the Bows behind arrow slits in a palisade wall that work in ranks are really cool for hurting party members.

                                                      Message 27 of 28 , Sep 8, 2006
                                                        I'm way off topic here, but this is near and dear to my black DM's heart...

                                                        Swarmfighting.
                                                        Favored Class: Sorcerer.
                                                        Skill: Trapmaking.
                                                        Small size, but with 30' movement.
                                                        Sneak Attack doesn't care if your weapon does 1d3-2.

                                                        The tunnels in a Kobold lair are both Narrow and Low, and are usually heavily trapped, with all three flavors of traps: damage, delay, and divide.  The Kobolds execute a running skirmish with spells, missile weapons, sneak attacking rogues, etc.  They try to draw the party into the traps, or just pick them off one-by-one.

                                                        (Narrow and Low: one-quarter movement, -4 with light weapons, -8 with one-handed weapons, no two-handed weapons.)

                                                        Example:  Party reaches Kobold lair and enters the 20' wide mine shaft.  Kobolds run out from a room 40' ahead and fire crossbows at the party.  Fighter charges, hitting Sovereign Glue trap about 20' in (thin layer of wood, covered with dirt).  Monk guesses correctly and jumps the trapped area, engaging the Kobolds, who flee.  Rogue jumps over trap to help.  Spellcasters stay behind Fighter, but are engaged by Giant Weasels who come out of a trap door (they're trained to attack when the trap goes crunch).  Sorcerer drops; Cleric almost drops.  Monk and Rogue jump back to save the casters.  Kobold crossbowmen come back out and engage the party while they're fighting the weasels.

                                                        And we're only 30' into the dungeon...  We still haven't hit the ballista trap, the flaming mobile fighting platforms, the arrow-slits in the long trapped hallway, or even the half-dragon leaders of the Kobolds.

                                                        Telas