Questions on "CSAbilities2" and "Magic Equipment" tab

  • kavalyr
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2013
      Apparently, I was working with a seriously dated version of HF and just downloaded HeroForge_3.5_v6.2.0.1. I ended up re-entering my character info into the newer version manually, since I couldn't find a conversion option from the earlier one. In the course of doing so, I came across a couple things I've got questions about...

      1. I noticed that Character Sheet III has a space for "ADDITIONAL CHARACTER INFO/SPECIAL ABILITIES." My character has some permanent abilities (via the Permanency spell) and I thought I'd enter them in that box. When I clicked into that box, I noticed that it contained a formula: =CSAbilities2. What is that, and where is it pointing to? Is there another location in the workbook where I should enter that kind of information? I settled for putting it under "ADDITIONAL NOTES."

      2. The Magic Equipment tab is a nice addition. However, all slots including empty ones are listed in the "OTHER POSSESSIONS" box on Character Sheet II. Is there a way to have only equipped slots appear there? I ended up having to move a lot of inventory to the "ADDITIONAL NOTES" on Character Sheet III because I ran out of space.

      Thanks for your help and patience!

      - A.
    • Logan Andrews
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2013
        On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM, kavalyr <ajaxxe@...> wrote:

        1. I noticed that Character Sheet III has a space for "ADDITIONAL CHARACTER INFO/SPECIAL ABILITIES." My character has some permanent abilities (via the Permanency spell) and I thought I'd enter them in that box. When I clicked into that box, I noticed that it contained a formula: =CSAbilities2. What is that, and where is it pointing to? Is there another location in the workbook where I should enter that kind of information? I settled for putting it under "ADDITIONAL NOTES."

        Character Sheet III is basically for any overflow from Character Sheet II if I am remembering correctly.  Most of the information for the character sheets are located on the CSCalc tab (a hidden tab) which gets its info from the other tabs and puts it all together.

      • Lord Flame Stryke
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2013
          The section on Character Sheet III that you’re referring to is an overflow from Character Sheet II.  If you’ve got too much text to be included completely on Character Sheet II, it’s continued on Character Sheet III.

          You will almost always have to re-enter data between major releases, as the Import/Export macros look for different information based on new sources added.  It would be nice to have an error checking function built in to the macro to change missing fields into blank fields on import, but I know next to nothing about macro programming, so I wouldn’t know how to implement something like that.

          The problem with moving the Magic Equipment boxes in the inventory of Character Sheet II would be that they’re still reserved fields.  Thus that they could appear as blank spaces when not in use, but the fields would still have the formulas in them and, as such, still be unavailable to type stuff into.  This would only enable them to be used when printing off the character sheet and hand writing the information.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 21, 2013
            Thanks for your help! I figured manually re-entering was my only option, as the HF version I had seems to date back to an era before there was an HFG file format.

            So if I've followed these correctly, the "ADDITIONAL CHARACTER INFO/SPECIAL ABILITIES" on CSIII is carrying over information from the auto-completed "SPECIAL ABILITIES" on CSII?

            Thanks again!