Problems building Ogre Mage character in HeroForge v6.2.0.1

  • dennis.delange
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2013
      Hi guys,

      I hope you can help me. I'm trying to build an Ogre Mage character using HeroForge v6.2.0.1 .
      According to the SRD this character should be an ECL 12 (5d8 + LA 7). Thus a level 1 Ogre Mage Sorceror should be ECL 13.

      I'm not sure what's going on, or how to approach this build in HeroForge, but some things aren't going as expected.

      First of all, I didn't check the Savage Species Monster class box.
      In Race & Template tab I choose the Ogre Mage as a race.
      In the Classes tab I then must choose level 1 through 5 for "Giant" as Monstrous Race (for HD, etc).

      Curious thing is that according to the Race & Stats tab the ECL is 8.
      According to the SRD this should be 13.
      Also, in the current xp box it states 28000. And in the dropdown list for level stat bumps there is no checkmark next to level 4.

      When I make the same build using HeroForge v6.1.0.1.b2.14 it seems to work?!?
      So in that version I do get an ECL of 13, the current XP says 78000
      and there is a checkmark next to the level 4 stat bump.

      In BOTH VERSIONS I have enabled all non-setting sources and didn't enable the Savage Species Monster Class Progression.

      In BOTH versions on the Classes tab I have chosen "Giant" at level 1 through 5. And chosen "Sorceror" as level 6.

      Can you guys help me out?
      I've been using HeroForge (both as a player and a DM) since the Blackbart edition and haven't got a clue.

      Much appreciated!!!

      Dennis de Lange
      (DM from The Netherlands)
    • dennis.delange
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2013
        I forgot to mention that in HeroForge v6.2.0.1 both the skills are broken (for lvl 1-5 there are no green/blue boxes, just for level 6, the sorceror level). And at the Feats tab only 1 available feat is listed.
        In HeroForge v6.1.0.1 both the skill options (there are green/blue boxes for lvl 1-5) and the available Feats (3) are given correctly.