Re: [Hero_Forge] Re: Broadening

  • Logan Andrews
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
      On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Game Master <awesome_game_master@...> wrote:
        I've managed to find a few wiki pages honestly. And if you're not against torrenting the books, I've got most if not all on my PC. Just absolutely no excel experience to speak of. Lol.

      There is a HeroForge wiki.

      http://heroforge.redmop.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

      Like the project itself there is a lack of people to help with the upkeep.  It doesn't take any excel knowledge to go through HeroForge and see what features have or have not been implemented.

      That one seems to be the most filled out out of the ones I've found. Friends and I have just started getting back into gaming but they are electricians and manual labor oreintated people so they also don't have excel expereince. Lol.

      To use HF should not require much in the way of excel knowledge.  You need to know how to start the program, and you need to know how to allow it to run macros (a pop banner on the top of the page.  After that it's all check boxes, drop down menus, and a few fill in the blanks.  You DO need a working knowledge of the books that you are using, as HF is designed to do the math for you and write down brief reminder type descriptions on the character sheet.  All the details should be in books you have.

      Logan Andrews
    • Alex Marcat
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
        I know how to use excel. I can easly fix most of bugs. The fact is that there too many formulas to check all of them, so I can fix only when you find it ;)
        I'm too busy to fill data (like missing templates, missing books etc) but if you want I can tell you where and what you have to write too implement it.

        --
        Alex Marcat aka Malex
      • Robert
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
          Can someone post a template that is filled out so that I can take a look at the proper format? I have no issue with data entry. I just want to make sure I am putting things in the correct columns.

          --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, Alex Marcat <malexprojects@...> wrote:

          > I know how to use excel. I can easly fix most of bugs. The fact is that
          > there too many formulas to check all of them, so I can fix only when you
          > find it ;)
          > I'm too busy to fill data (like missing templates, missing books etc) but
          > if you want I can tell you where and what you have to write too implement
          > it.
          >
          > 2012/10/1 Logan Andrews <maquiscat@...>
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Game Master <
          > > awesome_game_master@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> **
          > >> I've managed to find a few wiki pages honestly. And if you're not
          > >> against torrenting the books, I've got most if not all on my PC. Just
          > >> absolutely no excel experience to speak of. Lol.
          > >> http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
          > >>

          > > There is a HeroForge wiki.
          > >
          > > http://heroforge.redmop.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
          > >
          > > Like the project itself there is a lack of people to help with the
          > > upkeep. It doesn't take any excel knowledge to go through HeroForge and
          > > see what features have or have not been implemented.
          > >
          > > That one seems to be the most filled out out of the ones I've found.
          > >> Friends and I have just started getting back into gaming but they are
          > >> electricians and manual labor oreintated people so they also don't have
          > >> excel expereince. Lol.
          > >>

          > > To use HF should not require much in the way of excel knowledge. You need
          > > to know how to start the program, and you need to know how to allow it to
          > > run macros (a pop banner on the top of the page. After that it's all check
          > > boxes, drop down menus, and a few fill in the blanks. You DO need a
          > > working knowledge of the books that you are using, as HF is designed to do
          > > the math for you and write down brief reminder type descriptions on the
          > > character sheet. All the details should be in books you have.
          > >
          > > Logan Andrews
          > >

          > --
          > Alex Marcat aka Malex

        • Game Master
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
            Hmmm. Is there a list of the books that have already been added? Cause then I could find the list of ones not and start gathering all the info that needs to be put in and you can tell me. :D

[...]

          • Yon-Paul Siebeneck
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012

            Here is a list of all sources, a tally of classes PrC's, and feats, and what remains to be implemented.

            Message 6 of 13 , Oct 4, 2012
              Thanks a ton! Computer hard drive died so when I'm back up and running I'll start gathering all the info about classes, races, feats and skills so Alex can toss that info into it for us all and we can start finding errors and reporting them for the community. :)

              Message 7 of 13 , Oct 26, 2012
                I've been looking over the list of what's included and what's not, and I don't see any of the Dragon Magazine issues, even though at least 2 of the issues have been implemented.

                --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "awesome_game_master" <awesome_game_master@...> wrote:

                > I wonder just how many people here know how to use excel. Has anyone asked friends and fellow gamers if they know how? Cause this seems like an amazing tool to have but with it so far behind, maybe we can get people to catch it up? :)

              • Yon-Paul Siebeneck
                Message 8 of 13 , Oct 26, 2012

                  Dragon magazine wasn't included in the census.  Feel free to add them and send it along.

                  Races were also not analyzed.