Re: HeroForge 6.2 BETA Custom Template Problem

  • foijeaf
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
      I found the issues: values inserted were considered stings and not numbers.

      How to fix:
      1) Unhide Template Info sheet
      2) In every cell where there's a number, use the function VALUE to evaluate the string to number (also in darkvision, that works but not in the right way).
      Formulas should become something like
      IF($AU14;VALUE(CLEAN(INDEX(CustomTemplate;REF.COLUMN())));"")
      (of course the $## code change for every cell, do not modify it.

      Do it for every numeric entry.

      For special attacks and special qualities I temporary fixed by adding to Class Abilities hidden sheet, but it's a bad way...

      PS sorry for the bad english

      --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "Falantedios" <falantedios@...> wrote:

      > Hey gang - I'm trying to add the Saint Template to my copy of the HF beta, but some of the fields are not computing.
      >
      > I don't know how to add the Insight Bonus to AC, and the Natural Armor line is not sending data to Character Sheet 1. Neither are the lines for the CON, WIS, and CHA bonuses.
      >
      > No matter what you type in the Special Attacks or SLA lines, the fields remain blank on Character Sheet 2. Special Attacks doesn't appear there at all, and while some language *about* SLAs appears, nothing is pulled from the Custom Template data I've entered.
      >
      > Darkvision works.
      > Energy Resistance works.
      > DR works.
      >
      > Fast Healing does not work.
      > Other Special Qualities doesn't work (I tried using it to add the +4 Racial bonus to Fort saves vs. poison, but nothing exports)
      > CR and LA adjustments don't work.
      >
      > If becoming an outsider should affect my BAB, that's not working.
      >
      > I think that's it.
      > I hope this isn't all nonsense because I've made some noob bungle.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > nick

    • foijeaf
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
        For the cognitive bonus to AC:
        1) Unhide CSCalc sheet
        2) Go down until you see the calcs for AC
        3) in the Misc column, go to one of the empty cells (do not touch the 0 cells)
        4) In the empty cell put:
        =(IF(HasTemplate;IF(IsError(Find("Saint";Templates)); 0; WisMod);0))

        Of course you have to call your template "Saint". If you call it something else, just change the string in my formula.
        --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "foijeaf" <malexprojects@...> wrote:

        > I found the issues: values inserted were considered stings and not numbers.
        >
        > How to fix:
        > 1) Unhide Template Info sheet
        > 2) In every cell where there's a number, use the function VALUE to evaluate the string to number (also in darkvision, that works but not in the right way).
        > Formulas should become something like
        > IF($AU14;VALUE(CLEAN(INDEX(CustomTemplate;REF.COLUMN())));"")
        > (of course the $## code change for every cell, do not modify it.
        >
        > Do it for every numeric entry.
        >
        > For special attacks and special qualities I temporary fixed by adding to Class Abilities hidden sheet, but it's a bad way...
        >
        > PS sorry for the bad english
        >
        > --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "Falantedios" <falantedios@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey gang - I'm trying to add the Saint Template to my copy of the HF beta, but some of the fields are not computing.
        > >
        > > I don't know how to add the Insight Bonus to AC, and the Natural Armor line is not sending data to Character Sheet 1. Neither are the lines for the CON, WIS, and CHA bonuses.
        > >
        > > No matter what you type in the Special Attacks or SLA lines, the fields remain blank on Character Sheet 2. Special Attacks doesn't appear there at all, and while some language *about* SLAs appears, nothing is pulled from the Custom Template data I've entered.
        > >
        > > Darkvision works.
        > > Energy Resistance works.
        > > DR works.
        > >
        > > Fast Healing does not work.
        > > Other Special Qualities doesn't work (I tried using it to add the +4 Racial bonus to Fort saves vs. poison, but nothing exports)
        > > CR and LA adjustments don't work.
        > >
        > > If becoming an outsider should affect my BAB, that's not working.
        > >
        > > I think that's it.
        > > I hope this isn't all nonsense because I've made some noob bungle.
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > > nick

      • Falantedios
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
          Thank you for your help!

          The fix to the Template Info sheet worked perfectly.

          Excel doesn't like the formula for the CS Calc sheet, though. It highlights the HasTemplate logical test, and I don't understand Excel well enough to know why. I scrolled down to the AC calcs, found a blank cell in the Misc column, and copy/pasted your formula.

          Could there be a typo or an incorrect symbol of some kind?

          Thanks again - I really appreciate this!
          nick

          --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "foijeaf" <malexprojects@...> wrote:

          > For the cognitive bonus to AC:
          > 1) Unhide CSCalc sheet
          > 2) Go down until you see the calcs for AC
          > 3) in the Misc column, go to one of the empty cells (do not touch the 0 cells)
          > 4) In the empty cell put:
          > =(IF(HasTemplate;IF(IsError(Find("Saint";Templates)); 0; WisMod);0))
          >
          > Of course you have to call your template "Saint". If you call it something else, just change the string in my formula.
          > --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "foijeaf" <malexprojects@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I found the issues: values inserted were considered stings and not numbers.
          > >
          > > How to fix:
          > > 1) Unhide Template Info sheet
          > > 2) In every cell where there's a number, use the function VALUE to evaluate the string to number (also in darkvision, that works but not in the right way).
          > > Formulas should become something like
          > > IF($AU14;VALUE(CLEAN(INDEX(CustomTemplate;REF.COLUMN())));"")
          > > (of course the $## code change for every cell, do not modify it.
          > >
          > > Do it for every numeric entry.
          > >
          > > For special attacks and special qualities I temporary fixed by adding to Class Abilities hidden sheet, but it's a bad way...
          > >
          > > PS sorry for the bad english
          > >
          > > --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "Falantedios" <falantedios@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hey gang - I'm trying to add the Saint Template to my copy of the HF beta, but some of the fields are not computing.
          > > >
          > > > I don't know how to add the Insight Bonus to AC, and the Natural Armor line is not sending data to Character Sheet 1. Neither are the lines for the CON, WIS, and CHA bonuses.
          > > >
          > > > No matter what you type in the Special Attacks or SLA lines, the fields remain blank on Character Sheet 2. Special Attacks doesn't appear there at all, and while some language *about* SLAs appears, nothing is pulled from the Custom Template data I've entered.
          > > >
          > > > Darkvision works.
          > > > Energy Resistance works.
          > > > DR works.
          > > >
          > > > Fast Healing does not work.
          > > > Other Special Qualities doesn't work (I tried using it to add the +4 Racial bonus to Fort saves vs. poison, but nothing exports)
          > > > CR and LA adjustments don't work.
          > > >
          > > > If becoming an outsider should affect my BAB, that's not working.
          > > >
          > > > I think that's it.
          > > > I hope this isn't all nonsense because I've made some noob bungle.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks!
          > > > nick

        • Falantedios
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
            Found it!

            Excel wanted commas instead of semicolons within the IF formula.

            Thanks again - this is awesome!

            Now, I have no idea how to implement the fix you suggested for the Show Template Info button - I don't know how to assign a macro to the button.

            nick

          • foijeaf
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2012
              LOL, my excel wants semicolon and not commas.. Probably because it's the italian translation of excel, and in Italy we use comma instead of the dot for decimal digits..
              Then I will post next formulas with the comma instead XD.

              For the button: first of all, you have to unlock the sheet (I dont know what version of excel you use, I'm using Excel 2007 and it is in the "Revisione" menu, which in english is probably something like those translations: http://translate.google.it/#it/en/revisione).
              After you unlocked the sheet, right click on the button. In the contex menu there should be something like "Assign Macro". The assign as I said there, modify the code where I said and it should work.

              PS Sorry for every issues you'll find due to the translated software.. Italian version often modify stuff weird.