Need help getting custom race to work in HF 6.1.0.1

  • piep_the_mouse
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 19, 2011
      Hi all,

      As you'll all know, custom race is broken in the current HeroForge release (6.1.0.1). The Mantis bug page (at http://heroforge.redmop.com/mantis/view.php?id=398) states that 'The fix is to switch cell P24 on Options Info to TRUE'. As far as I can tell, that cell contains the value '(PE)', short for Player's Guide To Eberron. What cell is meant by 'P24 on Options Info'?

      Also, is HeroForge 3.5 still in active development? It looks fairly complete as it stands, but I'd love to see the Tome of Magic added for example.

      Regards,

      Sven.
    • Karlo Kristoffer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23 4:55 AM
        check the Options Info sheet, not the Options sheet.

        --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "piep_the_mouse" <s.w.henderson@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >

        > As you'll all know, custom race is broken in the current HeroForge release (6.1.0.1). The Mantis bug page (at http://heroforge.redmop.com/mantis/view.php?id=398) states that 'The fix is to switch cell P24 on Options Info to TRUE'. As far as I can tell, that cell contains the value '(PE)', short for Player's Guide To Eberron. What cell is meant by 'P24 on Options Info'?
        >
        > Also, is HeroForge 3.5 still in active development? It looks fairly complete as it stands, but I'd love to see the Tome of Magic added for example.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Sven.

      • Falantedios
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23 6:22 AM
          "Also, is HeroForge 3.5 still in active development? It looks fairly complete as it stands, but I'd love to see the Tome of Magic added for example."

          I am very curious about this as well: I would like to see the Unearthed Arcana class variants added (esp. Urban Ranger - I want to HF a bounty hunter for my campaign!).

          Thanks for the great work!
          nick

          --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "piep_the_mouse" <s.w.henderson@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >

          > As you'll all know, custom race is broken in the current HeroForge release (6.1.0.1). The Mantis bug page (at http://heroforge.redmop.com/mantis/view.php?id=398) states that 'The fix is to switch cell P24 on Options Info to TRUE'. As far as I can tell, that cell contains the value '(PE)', short for Player's Guide To Eberron. What cell is meant by 'P24 on Options Info'?
          >
          > Also, is HeroForge 3.5 still in active development? It looks fairly complete as it stands, but I'd love to see the Tome of Magic added for example.
          >

          > Regards,
          >
          > Sven.

        • Logan Andrews
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 25 4:34 AM
            Make sure that you check out the variants sheet.  You should be able to select it from the main options page.  While not all aspects of UA have been implemented, I believe that most of the class variants have.

            Logan

            On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Falantedios <falantedios@...> wrote:

            "Also, is HeroForge 3.5 still in active development? It looks fairly complete as it stands, but I'd love to see the Tome of Magic added for example."

            I am very curious about this as well: I would like to see the Unearthed Arcana class variants added (esp. Urban Ranger - I want to HF a bounty hunter for my campaign!).

            Thanks for the great work!
          • Theodoxust

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 17, 2011
                Hi all I am very new to HeroForge but love it so far. I am trying to make a custom race for a Birthright campaign as well as a Scarred Lands campaign. I see there is a bug and I read the fix but I have no idea how to get to the Option Info.

                I see the Options sheet but my Excel knowledge is limited. Can anyone help me with this?

                Thanks so much,

                Cheryl

              • matt@devney.org
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 17, 2011
                  Hi Cheryl,

                  The options info sheet is hidden. To unhide it I use right click on any
                  sheet tab, and select Unhide... then choose the Options Info sheet from the
                  table and click OK. Once you make a change I would hide it again (similar
                  method)

                  It's different in Excel 2003 (a menu option I think, can't remember), don't
                  know in 2007.

                  HTH
                  Matt

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 17, 2011
                    In 2003 etc: http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/sheets/unhide.php

                    2007 is the same as 2010

                    Hi all I am very new to HeroForge but love it so far. I am trying to make a
                    custom race for a Birthright campaign as well as a Scarred Lands campaign. I
                    see there is a bug and I read the fix but I have no idea how to get to the
                    Option Info.

                    I see the Options sheet but my Excel knowledge is limited. Can anyone help
                    me with this?

                    Thanks so much,

                    Cheryl

                    --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "Karlo Kristoffer"
                    <karlokristoffer.flores@...> wrote:

                    > check the Options Info sheet, not the Options sheet.
                    >
                    > --- In Hero_Forge@yahoogroups.com, "piep_the_mouse" <s.w.henderson@>
                    wrote:

                    > > Hi all,
                    > >

                    > > As you'll all know, custom race is broken in the current HeroForge
                    release (6.1.0.1). The Mantis bug page (at
                    http://heroforge.redmop.com/mantis/view.php?id=398) states that 'The fix is
                    to switch cell P24 on Options Info to TRUE'. As far as I can tell, that cell
                    contains the value '(PE)', short for Player's Guide To Eberron. What cell is
                    meant by 'P24 on Options Info'?

                    > > Also, is HeroForge 3.5 still in active development? It looks fairly
                    complete as it stands, but I'd love to see the Tome of Magic added for
                    example.

                    > > Regards,
                    > >
                    > > Sven.

                  • cmackland