Re: [Hero_Forge] Tricky Bug in SpellForge

  • Brad Sumner
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2008
      it is not a coding issue but more a object ordering issue.  When the check boxes were placed, the one for CM was placed "Below" the others in the layers of objects

      Michael W. Ryder wrote:
      Christopher Mathieu wrote:

      There’s one area that’s been giving me fits in SpellForge’s options
      page. If you try to check the box for /Complete Warrior, /you end up
      checking the box above or below it unless you zoom in to an insane
      level (like about 250%).

      Can you compare the code to that for 4.2.5? It works fine in that
      version, at least with Excel 2003.

      *To donate to the HeroForge project click here!
      <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=donations%40heroforgesoftware%2ecom&item_name=HeroForge%20Software&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8>*

      Christopher Mathieu

      HeroForge™ Software, LLC

      Operations Manager

      Lead Programmer

      Christopher.Mathieu@...
      <mailto:Christopher.Mathieu@...>

      http://www.heroforgesoftware.com <http://www.heroforgesoftware.com/>

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:Hero_Forge-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:Hero_Forge-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Michael W. Ryder
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2008
        Brad Sumner wrote:
        > it is not a coding issue but more a object ordering issue. When the
        > check boxes were placed, the one for CM was placed "Below" the others
        > in the layers of objects

        I am not seeing that behavior with 4.4.1 with the latest bug patches. I
        am using Excel 2003 so don't know if the problem exists with other
        versions of Excel.

        > Michael W. Ryder wrote:
        >> Christopher Mathieu wrote:
        >>
        >>> There’s one area that’s been giving me fits in SpellForge’s options
        >>> page. If you try to check the box for /Complete Warrior, /you end up
        >>> checking the box above or below it unless you zoom in to an insane
        >>> level (like about 250%).
        >>>

        >> Can you compare the code to that for 4.2.5? It works fine in that
        >> version, at least with Excel 2003.
        >>

        >>> *To donate to the HeroForge project click here!
        >>> <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=donations%40heroforgesoftware%2ecom&item_name=HeroForge%20Software&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0¤cy_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8>*
        >>>
        >>> Christopher Mathieu
        >>>
        >>> HeroForge™ Software, LLC
        >>>
        >>> Operations Manager
        >>>
        >>> Lead Programmer
        >>>
        >>> Christopher.Mathieu@...
        >>> <mailto:Christopher.Mathieu@...>
        >>>
        >>> http://www.heroforgesoftware.com <http://www.heroforgesoftware.com/>

      • Christopher Mathieu

          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2008
            Christopher Mathieu wrote:

            > Yeah, it’s the placement. That check-box is visibly out of alignment
            > with the others, at least in my copy. (I’m using the latest beta on
            > Excel 2007, but the 4.1.7 version does it too.)

            It must be a problem with Excel 2007 as it appears fine and works fine
            with 2003. I did notice the problem you mentioned with 4.1.7 but thought
            my 4.2.5 version was newer so didn't pay any attention to it.

            > *To donate to the HeroForge project click here!
            > <https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=donations%40heroforgesoftware%2ecom&item_name=HeroForge%20Software&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0¤cy_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8>*
            >
            > Christopher Mathieu
            >
            > HeroForge™ Software, LLC
            >
            > Operations Manager
            >
            > Lead Programmer
            >
            > Christopher.Mathieu@...
            > <mailto:Christopher.Mathieu@...>
            >
            > http://www.heroforgesoftware.com <http://www.heroforgesoftware.com/>

          • Jason Mills
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2008
              Yeah, for what its worth, I found all kinds of fiddly errors with
              2007. I was ready to switch back to 2003 anyway, and then I saw
              HeroForge went kinda of wonky on it, so I finally went ahead and
              rolled it back.

              Cheers!