Re: Graceful exit

  • Charles Corrigan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2003
      --- In HeroWarsProgram@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dawson" <mdawson@m...>
      wrote:
      > Hi there,
      >
      > Here's the first thing. It seems that
      > www.indigost.demon.co.uk/glorantha/
      > is having some response issues today.
      > I tried getting to the full XML URL
      > from within the HW program and it
      > just sits there waiting.
      >
      > Trying www.indigost.demon.co.uk/glorantha/index
      > etc l from within a browser also has
      > timeouts right now.
      >
      > So....I can't test the drag & drop
      > of the various keywords at the
      > moment. But it also shows that
      > there's no graceful exit from a
      > network request in the
      > "Open URL..." dialog. If the server
      > doesn't respond, then the program
      > seems to just wait forever.
      >
      > Or at least longer than I'm willng to wait.
      >
      > "Cancel" doesn't do anything once you hit "Confirm."
      >
      > Mike

      As a workaround, I would suggest that you go to
      http://www.indigost.demon.co.uk/glorantha/index.html and download
      http://www.indigost.demon.co.uk/glorantha/heortling_keywords.xml to
      your computer. You will then be able to access it as a local file.

      regards,
      Charles
    • Mike Dawson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 13, 2003
        --- In HeroWarsProgram@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Corrigan" <charles@i...> wrote:
        > As a workaround, I would suggest that you go to
        > http://www.indigost.demon.co.uk/glorantha/index.html and download
        > http://www.indigost.demon.co.uk/glorantha/heortling_keywords.xml to
        > your computer. You will then be able to access it as a local file.

        Thanks. this does work.

        And more...drum roll...drag & drop to the character sheet now works under Java 1.4.1 under Mac OS 10.2.4!

        HOOORAAY!

        Thanks so much for all your work on this.

        Mike
      • Charles Corrigan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2003
          --- In HeroWarsProgram@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dawson" wrote:

          > And more...drum roll...drag & drop
          > to the character sheet now works
          > under Java 1.4.1 under Mac OS 10.2.4!
          >
          > HOOORAAY!
          >
          > Thanks so much for all your work on
          > this.

          That's great. Are all of the other problems that you have reported
          fixed with this new version of Java?

          regards,
          Charles
        • Mike Dawson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 18, 2003
            --- In HeroWarsProgram@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Corrigan" <charles@i...> wrote:

            > That's great. Are all of the other problems that you have reported
            > fixed with this new version of Java?

            Seems like it's still not possible to edit lines of a sheet once the ability is on the sheet.

            There are some oddities with the right-click menu as well. It doesn't always allow selection of menu items even when you're selecting something that should be appropriate.

            I hope that some of these issues may be resolved when I take the source and compile it as a cocoa app, like I did for an earlier version. At the very least, I should get more "mac-like" look and feel.

            Thanks again,

            Mike