Convulsion and what's happening

  • charlescorrigan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2002
      At Convulsion, I gave a presentation and demo of the program and 11
      turned up to listen to me witter on. By the standards of Convulsion,
      this talk was well attended - there were too many fun games in
      progress for people to take much notice of the talks.

      I ran into a bug that bolixed up the demo that I had not previously
      seen in my development environment. After a fair amount of
      experimentation I managed to reproduce it - it only triggers when the
      program is run standalone (i.e. by double clicking on the jar file),
      not when run from Borland JBuilder. This has made tracking down and
      fixing the problem difficult. BTW the bug is something to do with
      drag and drop - the code I built for Mike Dawson to use a menu entry
      instead of drag and drop at least allowed me to run most of the rest
      of the demo.

      When I get time from looking after a teething 1 year old little boy,
      oh! and working too, I continue to investigate this problem. But it
      looks like it may take some time.

      There was another bug where the wounds were copied into the Hero
      Points field, fixed in code, not fully tested yet.

      regards,
      Charles
    • charlescorrigan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
        --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., "charlescorrigan" <charles@i...> wrote:

        > I ran into a bug that bolixed up
        > the demo that I had not previously
        > seen in my development environment.
        > After a fair amount of
        > experimentation I managed to
        > reproduce it - it only triggers
        > when the program is run standalone
        > (i.e. by double clicking on the jar
        > file), not when run from Borland
        > JBuilder. This has made tracking
        > down and fixing the problem
        > difficult. BTW the bug is
        > something to do with drag and drop
        > - the code I built for Mike Dawson
        > to use a menu entry instead of drag
        > and drop at least allowed me to run
        > most of the rest of the demo.
        >
        > When I get time from looking after
        > a teething 1 year old little boy,
        > oh! and working too, I continue to
        > investigate this problem. But it
        > looks like it may take some time.

        I am still working on this problem. I am not able to reproduce the
        problem in a controlled way which is why I have not issued a fix yet.

        regards,
        Charles