Re: - Keywords

  • Charles Corrigan
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7 5:42 AM
      --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., Wulf Corbett <wulfc@w...> wrote:
      > On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:35:52 -0000, "Charles Corrigan"
      > <glorantha@i...> wrote:
      >
      > >> The current batch of 'Do you wish to copy
      > >> this Ability' questions (on the latest test batch of keyword
      > >> files for extra Feats and Virtues) are irritating enough.
      > >How would you like me to change it... ;-)
      >
      > Not sure - I agree with the need, and quite possibly if the program
      > had been like that from the beginning I wouldn't even notice it!
      Maybe
      > if the message was a little clearer - "This ability is optional - do
      > you wish to include it?"

      I will look at this. How about, in addition to the message change, I
      add buttons "All" and "None" to the existing "Yes" and "No".

      Not certain when I can do this though, I am busy in my new job and,
      in addition, my wife, children and mother-in-law arrive from
      Singapore tomorrow.

      regards,
      Charles

      regards,
      Charles
    • Wulf Corbett
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7 9:44 AM
        On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 12:42:09 -0000, "Charles Corrigan"
        <glorantha@...> wrote:

        >> if the message was a little clearer - "This ability is optional - do
        >> you wish to include it?"
        >>

        >I will look at this. How about, in addition to the message change, I
        >add buttons "All" and "None" to the existing "Yes" and "No".

        Well, my major problem was simply in remembering what it was talking
        about. A better explanation of what it is you are saying Yes or No to
        would do the trick. Something like:

        "This Ability is optional: Personality: Virtue: Loyal. Do you wish to
        include it?"

        The current wording is just a bit uninformative, even to me (or maybe
        it's because I've seen them all that I get confused!).

        >Not certain when I can do this though, I am busy in my new job and,
        >in addition, my wife, children and mother-in-law arrive from
        >Singapore tomorrow.

        Deja vue... I was taxiing my aunt's friends from Singapore on
        Sunday...

        Wulf