Re: Version 20010716

  • Charles Corrigan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17 5:11 AM
      --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc@w...> wrote:

      > From an initial test (I only have one character, and no keyword
      > files, here at work), this looks just the ticket for me, except
      > for the cosmetic problem that the file seems to save as RTF,
      > but has the TXT extension. When I open it up in Notepad, it's
      > just one long line of text with Carriage Return symbols between
      > the actual data. Renamed to RTF it's lovely.

      This will be fixed so that it is stored in the correct platform
      specific text format (i.e. no rename to .rtf required). And the file
      chooser dialog will be sorted out too.

      I will finish of keywords and keyword groups too as they work poorly,
      if at all - I wanted to get the infrastructure working and character
      sheets mostly working before I went to bed.

      regards,
      Charles
    • Charles Corrigan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17 9:14 AM
        --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc@...> wrote:

        > > New version:
        > > - "Save as HTML" without the description.
        > > - (incomplete) facility to "Save as Text" (Wulf
        > > Corbett).
        >
        > From an initial test (I only have one character, and no
        > keyword files, here at work), this looks just the ticket
        > for me, except for the cosmetic problem that the file seems
        > to save as RTF, but has the TXT extension. When I open it up
        > in Notepad, it's just one long line of text with Carriage
        > Return symbols between the actual data. Renamed to RTF it's
        > lovely.

        My earlier response seems to have been lost*, sorry if this re-appears
        later. I expect to finish this off properly tonight - I just wanted to get
        the basics out before I went to bed last night.

        When finished, this facility will save files in the correct native file text
        format on Windows or Unix (i.e. no rename to .rtf required on Windows). The
        "Save As..." dialog will work more intuitively. Keyword and Keyword Groups
        will print intelligible details.

        regards,
        Charles

        * Has anyone else noticed messages posted via the web front end occasionally
        going missing? This is the second time it has happened to me in the past 2
        weeks.
      • Wulf Corbett
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 18 2:24 AM
          --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha@i...>
          wrote:

          Not lost, just... temporarily mislaid :)

          And it works just lovely now, thanks.

          Wulf