Re: Aspects and Subcults

  • Charles Corrigan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2001
      --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., ghoyle1@a... wrote:
      > I was wondering if anyone has been thinking about a way to
      > implement the wealth of new keywords in Thunder Rebels and Storm
      > Tribe yet? In particular, the relationships between the subcults
      > of different Aspects of Orlanth or Ernalda. This seems to be
      > one of the more confusing parts of character generation myself,
      > especially when you have a subcult that can belong to more than
      > one deity, or when you join a subcult belonging to another
      > aspect of the deity you worship.
      >
      > Has anybody started to tackle this problem yet?

      actually, I did some work on a related idea yesterday. One of the
      issues is that, as the number of keywords gets larger, it becomes
      more difficult to manage in a single flat file - but I want to keep
      all of the Heortling keywords in a single file. So I now allow a
      keyword group to be created withing a keyword group - I should
      release it after a little more testing early in the week. See
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HeroWarsProgram/files/Keywords.png for
      an example - shows the Thunder Rebels keywords that have not yet been
      released.

      I did not address the issue of shared cults or the fact that while a
      group of subcults "belongs" to an aspect, it is not mandatory. I am
      minded to do nothing further as I do not wish to remove to need for
      people to buy the books.

      I am glad you like it and hope that may others do too.

      regards,
      Charles
    • Wulf Corbett
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 8, 2001
        On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 02:51:00 -0000, "Charles Corrigan"
        <glorantha@...> wrote:

        >actually, I did some work on a related idea yesterday. One of the
        >issues is that, as the number of keywords gets larger, it becomes
        >more difficult to manage in a single flat file - but I want to keep
        >all of the Heortling keywords in a single file.

        That looks good. Should I continue with the ST cults, or is that
        already in hand? For that matter, if I make them up in a flat file,
        will it all have to be done again for the new format?

        Wulf
      • Charles Corrigan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 8, 2001
          Wulf,

          please continue with ST. Any work you do will not be lost and will be much
          appreciated

          regards,
          Charles

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 8, 2001
            On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:43:50 +0100, "Charles Corrigan"
            <glorantha@...> wrote:

            >please continue with ST. Any work you do will not be lost and will be much
            >appreciated

            OK. Should I include the Unspoken Word Maran keywords? Or are they on
            the secret list?

            Wulf
          • Charles Corrigan
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 8, 2001
              Wulf,

              there is no secret list. There is just waiting for me to get up off my
              backside and ask permission again ;-)

              regards,
              Charles

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 8, 2001
                On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:53:15 +0100, "Charles Corrigan"
                <glorantha@...> wrote:

                >there is no secret list. There is just waiting for me to get up off my
                >backside and ask permission again ;-)

                Good. Those Maran keywords are mightily impressive, a frightening lot.
                They're Alakoring, not Heortling, but I'm just adding them into the ST
                list.

                We're about to introduce an Erantha Gori in our campaign too...

                Wulf