Re: [HeroWarsProgram] Aspects and Subcults

  • Guy Hoyle
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7 5:17 PM
      On 7/8/2001 at 12:35 AM Wulf Corbett wrote:

      >On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 23:28:57 -0000, ghoyle1@... wrote:
      >
      >>I was wondering if anyone has been thinking about a way to implement
      >>the wealth of new keywords in Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe yet?
      >
      >I've done the TR keywords, and have started on ST (too busy lately at
      >work, plus starting - and not finishing - about a dozen different
      >things for our HW campaign). Charles has the TR keywords, Issaries
      >holds the rights to the info in the file, so I won't hand it out, but
      >it's on the net somewhere (I forget where).

      Good! I can't wait to see them.

      >I like the new character sheet icons, myself...

      They're great, very useful and stylish.

      Thanks!

      Guy
      "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall down an open
      manhole cover and die."
      --Mel Brooks
    • Charles Corrigan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7 7:51 PM
        --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., ghoyle1@a... wrote:
        > I was wondering if anyone has been thinking about a way to
        > implement the wealth of new keywords in Thunder Rebels and Storm
        > Tribe yet? In particular, the relationships between the subcults
        > of different Aspects of Orlanth or Ernalda. This seems to be
        > one of the more confusing parts of character generation myself,
        > especially when you have a subcult that can belong to more than
        > one deity, or when you join a subcult belonging to another
        > aspect of the deity you worship.
        >
        > Has anybody started to tackle this problem yet?

        actually, I did some work on a related idea yesterday. One of the
        issues is that, as the number of keywords gets larger, it becomes
        more difficult to manage in a single flat file - but I want to keep
        all of the Heortling keywords in a single file. So I now allow a
        keyword group to be created withing a keyword group - I should
        release it after a little more testing early in the week. See
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HeroWarsProgram/files/Keywords.png for
        an example - shows the Thunder Rebels keywords that have not yet been
        released.

        I did not address the issue of shared cults or the fact that while a
        group of subcults "belongs" to an aspect, it is not mandatory. I am
        minded to do nothing further as I do not wish to remove to need for
        people to buy the books.

        I am glad you like it and hope that may others do too.

        regards,
        Charles
      • Wulf Corbett
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 8 7:32 AM
          On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 02:51:00 -0000, "Charles Corrigan"
          <glorantha@...> wrote:

          >actually, I did some work on a related idea yesterday. One of the
          >issues is that, as the number of keywords gets larger, it becomes
          >more difficult to manage in a single flat file - but I want to keep
          >all of the Heortling keywords in a single file.

          That looks good. Should I continue with the ST cults, or is that
          already in hand? For that matter, if I make them up in a flat file,
          will it all have to be done again for the new format?

          Wulf
        • Charles Corrigan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 8 8:43 AM
            Wulf,

            please continue with ST. Any work you do will not be lost and will be much
            appreciated

            regards,
            Charles

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 8 8:47 AM
              On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:43:50 +0100, "Charles Corrigan"
              <glorantha@...> wrote:

              >please continue with ST. Any work you do will not be lost and will be much
              >appreciated

              OK. Should I include the Unspoken Word Maran keywords? Or are they on
              the secret list?

              Wulf
            • Charles Corrigan
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 8 8:53 AM
                Wulf,

                there is no secret list. There is just waiting for me to get up off my
                backside and ask permission again ;-)

                regards,
                Charles

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8 9:00 AM
                  On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:53:15 +0100, "Charles Corrigan"
                  <glorantha@...> wrote:

                  >there is no secret list. There is just waiting for me to get up off my
                  >backside and ask permission again ;-)

                  Good. Those Maran keywords are mightily impressive, a frightening lot.
                  They're Alakoring, not Heortling, but I'm just adding them into the ST
                  list.

                  We're about to introduce an Erantha Gori in our campaign too...

                  Wulf