New - icons on character sheets

  • Charles Corrigan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2001
      I have uploaded a new version of the program. New features are
      - displays Gloranthan icons instead of the default java swing icons on the
      character sheet.
      - facility to select different icons from an internal list of icons or
      specify a PNG, JPEG or GIF format file either on your local machine or
      remotely via http (non-PC platforms may support a different list of image
      types - for that matter the PC may support more image types).

      The icons are in PNG format and were created by reducing the 30 core runes
      at http://www.glorantha.com/library/corerunes.html to 25% (26 by 16 pixels)
      of their original size, setting their (white) background to transparent and
      converting to a gray-scale PNG format file. I manually removed a couple of
      black pixels from the converted earth rune to make it look better - the
      others converted quite well.

      If anyone is interested in cleaning up the existing icons or adding new
      icons then please let me know. One icon I would particularly like is the
      old magic rune (looks like an angular capital R, possibly mirror-imaged).

      regards,
      Charles