Disaster (sort of)

  • Charles Corrigan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2001
      I have arrived back from 10 days vacation in Singapore with my wife's
      family to find that my PC won't boot - my boot disk has passed on!
      Fortunately, I had some hints that this was about to happen and I
      took two full verified backups before I left.

      I will have to buy a new disk and spend a while re-installing
      everything before I can get back to work on this project. In the
      meantime, get back to your testing!

      regards,
      Charles
    • Graham, Andrew
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2001
        Has anyone started any user documentation for this program yet ?

        -
        IMPORTANT NOTICE

        This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and for
        the
        exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
        If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form
        of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
        information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

        If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the
        sender.
        We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to
        postmaster@... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any
        copies of it.

        It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

        For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM
      • Charles Corrigan
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2001
          --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., "Graham, Andrew" <agraham@m...> wrote:
          > Has anyone started any user documentation for this program yet ?

          Sadly, apart from the little I have done, no. Or they have not yet
          told me anyway.

          regards,
          Charles
        • Graham, Andrew
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 18, 2001
            Well if you are not in a rush for it I could help.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2001
              --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., "Graham, Andrew" <agraham@m...> wrote:
              > Well if you are not in a rush for it I could help.

              Yes please.

              I think that I/we need, in priority order, the following
              1 - task oriented documentation (how do I do...)
              2 - screen based reference documentation
              3 - cross referenceing between the two
              4 - a proposal on how to integrate the two types of documentation
              into the program (i.e. the help system UI) as what is there is
              inadequate
            • Charles Corrigan
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 24, 2001
                --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha@i...>
                wrote:

                At last, I have ordered my new PC and it should arrive in the middle
                of next week. I should be able to resume development in mid-May -
                after I have re-installed my important apps and caught up on my mail.

                Also, thanks to Nils, Greg and Stephen for putting up a page about
                the Hero Wars Program and a link to this Yahoo! Group - see
                http://www.glorantha.com/tools/hwprogram.html

                regards,
                Charles