Re: New version - edges

  • Charles Corrigan
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 5, 2001
      --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., Wulf Corbett <wulfc@w...> wrote:

      > I've not done any more keywords over the weekend, will get back to
      > them tomorrow...

      How complete is the (Thunder Rebels) Heortling keyword file?

      regards,
      Charles
    • Wulf Corbett
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 5, 2001
        On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 15:27:07 -0000, "Charles Corrigan"
        <glorantha@...> wrote:

        >--- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., Wulf Corbett <wulfc@w...> wrote:
        >
        >> I've not done any more keywords over the weekend, will get back to
        >> them tomorrow...
        >
        >How complete is the (Thunder Rebels) Heortling keyword file?

        Not very... still sitting with just the Occupations & a couple of
        Aspects/Subcults. I WILL get back to it tonight...

        Wulf
      • wulfc@wulf.demon.co.uk
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 6, 2001
          Additional to this...

          --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., Wulf Corbett <wulfc@w...> wrote:
          > On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 15:27:07 -0000, "Charles Corrigan"
          > <glorantha@i...> wrote:

          > >How complete is the (Thunder Rebels) Heortling keyword file?
          >
          > Not very... still sitting with just the Occupations & a couple of
          > Aspects/Subcults. I WILL get back to it tonight...

          Now that I've finished the Occupations, the Magic Keywords are pretty
          easy & quick by comparison. Major problem continues to be this damn
          paperback format, which means I have to hold the book open and have
          only one free hand (a problem otherwise limited to Playboy...).
          That's a nuisance in general, but with all the Capital Letters in
          Keywords it's a literal Pain after a while.

          Should finish tonight, but I'm only doing TR, no point in adding the
          extra magic keywords from the basic rules as they'll change radically
          in ST. The TR keywords list is so long I'm considering splitting it
          into Occupations, Orlanthi and Ernaldan.

          Wulf
        • Graham, Andrew
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 6, 2001
            > Major problem continues to be this damn
            > paperback format, which means I have to hold the book open and have
            > only one free hand
            Why not scan the pages and print them out to make them easer to handle.

            -
            IMPORTANT NOTICE

            This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and for
            the
            exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
            If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form
            of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
            information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

            If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the
            sender.
            We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to
            postmaster@... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any
            copies of it.

            It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

            For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM
          • Charles Corrigan
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 6, 2001
              --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., wulfc@w... wrote:

              > Should finish tonight, but I'm only doing TR, no point in adding
              > the extra magic keywords from the basic rules as they'll change
              > radically in ST.

              You should (but I am _not_ certain) be able to drag and drop from
              keyword file to keyword file.

              regards,
              Charles
            • wulfc@wulf.demon.co.uk
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 6, 2001
                --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha@i...>
                wrote:
                > --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., wulfc@w... wrote:
                >
                > > Should finish tonight, but I'm only doing TR, no point in adding
                > > the extra magic keywords from the basic rules as they'll change
                > > radically in ST.
                >
                > You should (but I am _not_ certain) be able to drag and drop from
                > keyword file to keyword file.

                You can, but what I really should have said was I won't add the older
                keywords in from the old file, only to have to rewrite them when ST
                appears. Besides, from the size of the keyword list, I may add this
                as a fourth separate file (Occupation, Orlanth, Ernalda, the fifteen
                percenters).

                Someone else can do the bloody Lunars...

                Wulf
              • Charles Corrigan
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 6, 2001
                  --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., wulfc@w... wrote:

                  > I may add this as a fourth separate file (Occupation, Orlanth,
                  > Ernalda, the fifteen percenters).

                  Seems reasonable to me...

                  > Someone else can do the bloody Lunars...

                  exactly! we'll have to see about making that so (bloody that is, not
                  creating the file) ;-)

                  Have you asked Stephen Martin will you get permission to post? He
                  did indicate that he was interested.

                  regards,
                  Charles
                • wulfc@wulf.demon.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 6, 2001
                    wrote:
                    > --- In HeroWarsProgram@y..., wulfc@w... wrote:
                    >
                    > > I may add this as a fourth separate file (Occupation, Orlanth,
                    > > Ernalda, the fifteen percenters).
                    >
                    > Seems reasonable to me...

                    I'll begin with it all as one file (less the 15%-ers) and see how big
                    it is. Real problem isn't the file size, it's the readability on
                    screen.

                    > Have you asked Stephen Martin will you get permission to post? He
                    > did indicate that he was interested.

                    Nope, I've either missed this or, more likely, forgotten it... Maybe
                    I should get to this pronto?

                    Wulf
                  • Guy Hoyle
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 6, 2001
                      >Now that I've finished the Occupations, the Magic Keywords are pretty
                      >easy & quick by comparison. Major problem continues to be this damn
                      >paperback format, which means I have to hold the book open and have
                      >only one free hand (a problem otherwise limited to Playboy...).
                      >That's a nuisance in general, but with all the Capital Letters in
                      >Keywords it's a literal Pain after a while.

                      Whenever I need to type something from a book, I use a book stand; it's
                      made out of wire and can be folded or unfolded. It has some little prongs
                      that hold the book open for me. I'm sure an office supply store would have
                      something like that.

                      Guy
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. -
                      Albert Einstein