Animax Watchathon

  • Athrun Zala
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2006
      Animax is holding an event at Glorietta 4 park at February 3 2006 to
      February 4 2066. 7pm - 7pm. A 24 hour watching spree of your favorite
      animes in the said channel. Although this channel may somewhat be
      a "competitor" of HERO... lol... I thought that people might be
      interested in this matter since this IS an anime event.

      Pot money is $500 US Dollars in cash and to meet Takumi Fujiwara's
      dubber.

      The Animax Pow Wow 24hr Watchathon is a competition to see who can
      out-last and out-watch all others in a 24 hours Anime marathon.

      COMPETITION FORMAT:

      ● The competition last for 24 hours, starting from 7pm on 3rd
      February and end at 7pm on 4th February.

      ● Participants will be required to watch a continuous Anime
      marathon as per scheduled by the organizer, unless otherwise stated
      during permitted breaks.

      ● The participant that out-last and out-watch all others by 4th
      February, 7pm, with all permitted breaks and tie-breakers taken into
      consideration, will be declared the winner of the Animax Pow Wow 24hr
      Watchathon.

      REGISTRATION

      ● Participants must be aged 15 & above on the event day.

      ● ID cards with picture must be presented for proof of age.

      ● Participants must complete and sign all Registration and Release
      of Liability & Assumption Risk Forms provided by the race organizers
      before the competition.

      ● All participants below the age of 18 years MUST get their parents
      or guardians to sign the forms.

      ● Participants must be of sound physical condition, free of any
      type of bodily ailment and must not be pregnant. If in any case that
      an individual is allowed to participate, it is his/her responsibility
      to inform the race organizer or doctors of any possible factors that
      may trigger or aggravate a specific ailment.

      ● Participants MUST be present for the Competition Briefing. The
      Event Organizer reserves the right to reject an individual's
      2application/ participation if in the Event's Organizer's sole
      discretion and opinion, is deemed in any way not able or fit to
      participate in the competition. The Event's Organizer's decision is
      final.

      COMPETITION RULES AND CONDITIONS:

      ● Registration for ALL confirmed and informed participants opens at
      6pm and closes at 6.30 pm on 3 February 2006 (or otherwise advised by
      Event Organizer) at the designated registration booth.

      ● During the competition, all participants will only be allowed:
      ● 10 times of 3 minutes toilet breaks at stipulated times. At any
      time, if the contestants use up all their entitlements, they are not
      allowed more and will be disqualified. Toilet breaks will be taken
      account when we have a tie breaker.

      ● There will be interval breaks of 10 minutes to be given by the
      Events Organizer.

      ● 15 minutes Breakfast break will be given on the 4 February at
      8am.

      ● 30 minutes Lunch break will be given on the 4 February at 1pm.

      ● Mineral water will be provided to all participants.

      ● Food consumption other than the pre-stated Breakfast and Lunch
      breaks are only allowed during stipulated 10 minutes breaks given by
      the Event Organizer.

      ● At no time should the participants leave the contest area without
      the Competition referee's knowledge. Doing so will result in
      immediate disqualification.

      ● All participants are to bring their own food & beverages. Event
      Organizer will ONLY provide mineral water for consumption.

      ● Strictly no energy booster drinks & coffee allowed throughout the
      competition. Any consumption of such beverages will result in
      disqualification.

      ● During the competition, participants are not allowed to close
      their eyes for more than 3 seconds or they would be disqualified
      immediately.

      ● After the 24-hr mark, the remaining participants will be judged
      based on the toilet breaks taken.

      ● If a tie-breaker is necessary, participants will be tested on Q &
      As from animations watched during the Animax Pow Wow 24hr Watchthon.

      ● Any voluntary withdrawal of a participant must be made at the
      Competition Referee's booth/ station.

      ● Any discrepancies during the competition must be reported to the
      Competition Referee immediately. Event Organizer's decision will be
      final and no further correspondence will be entertained after that.

      For more details... log on to www.animax-asia.com

      -
      Regards,
      Athrun Zala
      BlueFrame Fanfiction Writing Group
      "Negligence is Forbidden"
      http://www.xanga.com/x_sprinter
      http://www.fanfiction.net/u/661464
    • vanini
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2006
        hmmm... patagalan kumbaga...
        pero di ba, this would be more appropriate in animax's forums or
        yahoogroup than hero's?
        wla lang just thinkin out loud. kumabaga, this is a forum for the
        channel why would anyone plug another channel's event di ba?

        --- In HeroTV@yahoogroups.com, "Athrun Zala" <destinystriker42@y...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2006
          Well anime IS involved... but I guess you have a point. But It's best if both Hero and Animax work together to uphold the anime industry here in the Philippines... that way.. more anime for us and less dispute in both sides... it's not fun if both sides has unsettled issues for something they are both dedicated for the viewers... on our point of view.. as long as they show anime.. we're having fun and should be neutral and/or supportive on both broadcasting agencies.

          -
          Regards,
          David Michael P. Ramas
          "Negligence is Forbidden"
          http://www.weareanime.org

          wrote:

> [...]

          >   &#9679; Registration for ALL confirmed and informed participants
          opens at
          > 6pm and closes at 6.30 pm on 3 February 2006 (or otherwise advised
          by
          > Event Organizer) at the designated registration booth.
          >
          >   &#9679; During the competition, all participants will only be
          allowed:
          >     &#9679; 10 times of 3 minutes&#65007; toilet &#65007;breaks at stipulated
          times. At any
          > time, if the contestants use up all their entitlements, they are
          not
          > allowed more and will be disqualified. Toilet breaks will be taken
          > account when we have a tie breaker.
          >
          >   &#9679; There will be interval breaks of 10 minutes to be given
          by the
          > Events Organizer.
          >
          >   &#9679; 15 minutes Breakfast break will be given on the 4
          February at
          > 8am.
          >
          >   &#9679; 30 minutes Lunch break will be given on the 4 February
          at 1pm.

          >   &#9679; Mineral&#65007; water &#65007;will be provided to all participants.
          >
          >   &#9679; Food consumption other than the pre-stated Breakfast and
          Lunch
          > breaks are only allowed during stipulated 10 minutes breaks given
          by
          > the Event Organizer.
          >

          >   &#9679; At no time should the participants leave the contest
          area without
          > the Competition referee's knowledge. Doing so will result in
          > immediate disqualification.
          >
          >   &#9679; All participants are to bring their own food &
          beverages. Event
          > Organizer will ONLY provide mineral water for consumption.
          >
          >   &#9679; Strictly no energy booster drinks & &#65007;coffee&#65007; allowed
          throughout the
          > competition. Any consumption of such beverages will result in
          > disqualification.
          >
          >   &#9679; During the competition, participants are not allowed to
          close
          > their eyes for more than 3 seconds or they would be disqualified
          > immediately.
          >
          >   &#9679; After the 24-hr mark, the remaining participants will be
          judged
          > based on the toilet breaks taken.
          >
          >   &#9679; If a tie-breaker is necessary, participants will be
          tested on Q &
          > As from animations watched during the Animax Pow Wow 24hr
          Watchthon.

          >   &#9679; Any voluntary withdrawal of a participant must be made
          at the
          > Competition Referee's booth/ station.
          >
          >   &#9679; Any discrepancies during the competition must be
          reported to the
          > Competition Referee immediately. Event Organizer's decision will
          be
          > final and no further correspondence will be entertained after
          that.

          > For more details... log on to www.animax-asia.com
          >
          > -
          > Regards,