Re: [HeroQuest-RPG] More Thoughts on Heroquest 2

  • Paolo Guccione
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 15 10:40 AM
      Il 15/04/2012 17:10, Frédéric Cloutier ha scritto:

      > Very nice review Chris. I am in the simulationist camp myself (systems of
      > choice being HERO, GURPS and BRP) but I was always attracted by
      > HeroQuest.
      > Like yourself the "Pass/Fail cycle" is for me only a guideline that I
      > really
      > would not intend to follow but what killed the game for me was the "no
      > stats
      > for NPC. I just cannot accept not having stats for Doctor Doom or Lex
      > Luthor ;)
      >
      > In any case, your review convinced me to reread the book again. Well done!

      One last post before all this is moved to the shiny new forums (methinks
      we owe a big THANKS to Newt, BTW, am I correct?).

      In fact, I do stat out most NPCs when I prepare a HQ2 game. I just use
      the instructions given in the book to ensure that Lex Luthor or Doctor
      Doom are still within the party range, and that abilities for goons are
      correctly balanced for the challenge they are supposed to provide
      (moderate or less, according to the campaign). You can still use the
      Pass/Fail cycle to determine an appropriate penalty or bonus for the
      pre-generated abilities.