Re: [HeroQuest-RPG] Intro and looking forward to starting my first game with hero quest.

  • Zachary Kline
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 2011
      On Dec 19, 2011, at 9:18 PM, David Dunham wrote:

      > Would this be Zack?

      > Yep, it would. I've managed to gather a group of complete newbies to Glorantha and am currently trying to come up with adventure ideas. It'll be fun at least.
    • David Dunham
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2011
        On 19 Dec 2011, at 21:25, Zachary Kline wrote:

        > Yep, it would. I've managed to gather a group of complete newbies to Glorantha and am currently trying to come up with adventure ideas. It'll be fun at least.

        I've only done this once, but I'm sure you've thought of it: take a situation from the King of Dragon Pass game and have the players play it out. A typical HeroQuest game and KoDP are so different in scale that (say) dealing with a rampaging dinosaur can become a whole scenario. (If you need to pad that one out, ask where that dinosaur was before it wandered into your grain fields, and who induced it to move there? Is the Black Oak clan up to no good again?)

        David Dunham
      • Ian McNamara
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2011
          Hi yes it is i'm looking forward to doing this we've done our clan witch i found very interesting.

          Ian McNamara
        • chris jensen romer
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 23, 2011
            Hey Ian welcome! The thing is to have fun, and remember that no two games are ever exactly the same. If it would work well in a story have your character try it, and try to make sure everyone is having a good time. Zack has been planning his game awhile now and I think you will have a great time but let us know how it goes. :)
            I ran a heist game and then a Bonnie and Clyde inspired game with Hq 2 and both were great fun but felt totally different. Anyway nice to meet you! Im an old bloke from England: in real life i write dull journal articles on ghosts and study poltergeist phenomena. I have been playing games set in Glorantha on and off since 1982 and still dont know that much about the setting but i have had a lot of fun!

            To: heroquest-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            From: ianandriggs@...
            Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 07:14:52 +0000
            Subject: [HeroQuest-RPG] Intro and looking forward to starting my first game with hero quest.

            Hello all, my name is Ian McNamara, I am 28 years old and totely blind. i'm going to be starting a hero quest campaign soon with a group of friends in gloranthia and can't wait. not got much experiance of this game system at the moment but looked at the rules that a friend sent me and i'm looking forward to getting started. thought i would join this list to learn more about the system and also to descuss with fellow players who might be using this system. the friend of mine who is running our game is very helpful and going to walk us threw everything to make sure we have it right so can't wait to get started.

            Ian McNamara