Re: status of hq publications

  • markmohrfield
    Message 1 of 223 , Feb 19, 2008
      --- In HeroQuest-RPG@yahoogroups.com, nick@... wrote:

      > The thing that it has always seemed to me that PDFs fail at utterly
      is attracting new or returning readers. The FLGS always had a handful
      of people who'd buy anything Gloranthan immediately and a crowd of
      RuneQuest gronards who'd browse and buy some of the time. As far as I
      can tell a PDF will only ever sell to someone who knows a book is
      coming out, who knows that they want it and is prepared to actively go
      look for it. Most of the people reading this list probably fall into
      that category, but I don't think we're enough to rebuild the market
      without getting some people to join us.

      But is this any different from the current situation? How frequently
      do FLGS actually stock Gloranthan products? I've rarely seen them do
      so, but I admit this could be due my living in a gamer-poor
      environment.

      Mark Mohrfield
    • jclebreu
      Message 223 of 223 , Nov 13, 2008
        --- In HeroQuest-RPG@yahoogroups.com, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson"
        <rjremr@...> wrote:

        > > In accordance with the Great Compromise, I ask for an update
        > > on the status of :
        >
        > First, understand that all these (except GAC and Guide) were written
        under
        > the HQ1 rules, and need some revision to make them more like HQ2. (This
        > isn't to say that there is a great difference between HQ1 and 2,
        just that
        > there is *some*.)

        I understand and I think it's logical :))

        >Also, Moon Design wants to get some "basic" HQ2 product
        > out before most of these - The "Cults of Sartar" and Pavis that >Jeff
        > Richards et al. are working on. So the "no ETA" books will *likely*
        >come
        > after these.

        I know but I am not sure I will be interested by these books so i
        asked only for the books I have heard about and that i am sure to be
        interested by :)

        > Heroes of Malkion
        > Artwork is being solicited. Next step - Layout, then printing! ETA >
        - End of
        > the Year

        End of the year = next month !!! Waow ! good news !

        > > Distant Shores
        > MS in hand. Primary Editing complete. No ETA
        >
        > > Oak and Thorn (book about elves :) )
        > MS in hand. Primary Editing complete. No ETA

        > > Guide to Glorantha
        > This book will be a compilation of various old (usually OOP)
        articles, along
        > with new material. Some still need to be scanned in. Then the whe thing
        > needs to be stirred around. No ETA
        >
        > > Great argrath campaign :)
        > Being written. No ETA.

        Thanks a lot ! I hope you will give us more informations when you will
        have them :)