Re: [HeroWars] Re: Heortling Marriage

  • Peter Metcalfe
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2001
      Jeff Kyer:

      >Such little condradictions in Heortling law are what keep the Andrin
      >lawspeakers busy.

      There are Andrin lawspeakers?

      --Peter Metcalfe
    • KYER, JEFFREY
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2001
        Peter Metcalfe wrote:

        > Jeff Kyer:
        >
        > >Such little condradictions in Heortling law are what keep the Andrin
        > >lawspeakers busy.
        >
        > There are Andrin lawspeakers?
        >
        > --Peter Metcalfe

        Should be, according to TR. There are three main 'law' subcults in the
        book. The first, Andrin (who's name I may be mispelling) is a subcult
        which deals with inter and within Clan laws -- what would be considered
        Common Law or traditional rights and privleges and so forth. The Jarani
        subcult deals with inter-tribal law and How Our Justice and Their
        Justice are really the same.

        There's a third one (who's name escapes me this morning) that deals with
        cosmic justice and that's dealing with outsiders & strangers and
        extracting justice from them but it did not make it into the book, IIRC.

        Andrin and Jarani are two of the cults encouraged for Lawspeaker heroes
        (along with Lankor Mhy). In this case, since the example was a marriage
        within a clan, it'd be the job of an Andrin to research precident and
        figure out if this is 'the right thing to do'.

        Jeff